balinesesurfer

Mar 7, 2012
Los Angeles
Hello Everyone, I didn't know exactly where to post this...but I wanted to spread the world about Krama Bali. We are a Balinese community/organization based in LA. We meet weekly at the consulate to practice Gamelan and traditional dance. A group is very diverse, we have Balinese, Javanese, Japanese, Chinese, American, etc people in our group. So, if any of you expats or Indonesians are planning to stop by in LA, be sure to come to our weekly get together...there is always a big pot luck!!!! We are always looking forward to expand our network.

Robin

pollyanna

Feb 8, 2010
Ubud, Bali
Robin, it’s a good idea to have posted the information here. People living in your area who are planning a trip or a move to Bali would probably enjoy getting together with you guys.

I'll bet you love your “taste of home”/

balinesesurfer

Mar 7, 2012
Los Angeles
Thanks Pollyanna. Again, we at Krama Bali love getting together. We are comprised of people from every corner of the world, and we get together to have fun and eat. Also, we often have formal dance and music performances in Universities and special events around LA county. It's a cool, we have Cal Arts students from Japan and America as our dance and music instructors. LOL, a lot of our foreign instructors are teaching some Balinese, lol including myself, how to play Balinese traditional music and instruments. Nonetheless the group is really fun...so if you or anyone else are in Los Angeles, come by for our weekly meetings, we look forward to meeting with you.

- Robin

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
What a great idea Robin!! Hat off to your initiative and I hope you have lots of success. I'm sure that my countrymen would love to learn more about Bali if someone would just tell them where it is.

Speaking of learning I wonder if you could do me a favor? I read that you are often in Universities in California and I would be very interested to know if there is any possibility for University of California to extend scholarships to worthy Balinese students? I know that many scholarships are on offer every year but most don't get taken up mainly because of lack of knowledge.

So, next time you are near UCLA just pop into the admitance dept and simply ask please.

balinesesurfer

Mar 7, 2012
Los Angeles
Markit,

There are lots of scholarships available, you just have to be vigilant in finding them. When I was applying to colleges, I checked fastweb.com constantly. Also, UCLA has a unique Indonesian Studies program that you should research.

Robin

Berkley

Oct 3, 2012
nice to know that there are Balinese who spread over Bali's culture and tradition outside the country
Keep spirit and Krama Bali always get together in term of solidarity