120 Day Tourist Visa on Arrival

SteffandShaz

Nov 16, 2006
Warwick Qld Australia
Hi all, we spotted an article in the local paper in our Bali hotel yesterday that advised that a 120 Day Tourist Visa will be available soon on arrival in Bali rather than the 30 Day Visa.

There we no details on how much this would cost or when it will be made available. Has anyone seen anything more on this?

Cheers from the two of us (on our Bali holiday)
8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol:

orang gila

Jul 6, 2006
Bali
Here's the article, haven't heard anything further on this as yet...

GREAT news for Bali,
tourist arrivals are one thing, but it's the length of the stay which is just as important.

Indonesia to issue longer visas to draw more tourists

JAKARTA -- Indonesia is to grant foreign visitors visas for up to 120 days compared to the current 30 days in a bid to boost tourism, Vice President Jusuf Kalla said Thursday.

"It is now being processed, that tourists get four months," Kalla said during an interview.

He said the longer visa was part of the government's drive to attract more foreign visitors.

At present, tourists from 54 countries can obtain a 30-day visa on arrival at a cost of 25 dollars, or free for most Southeast Asian nations. Kalla said the 54 countries -- which include most of Europe, China, India, the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand -- accounted for about 90 percent of Indonesia's foreign tourists.

Visitors have complained that 30 days is far too short a time to take in the vast archipelago, which stretches for thousands of kilometers.

Indonesia's drive to boost tourist numbers has also suffered due to a lack of money to promote the country abroad because of more pressing budget priorities.

"But I said that tourism is also a priority and therefore this year the budget will be increased on top of what is in the state budget," Kalla said, without giving figures.

Indonesia recorded a 2.38-percent drop in foreign tourist arrivals to 3.98 million in 2006.

Tourism has been hurt by a number of terrorist attacks in recent years, including on the popular resort island of Bali, as well as bird flu and a series of man-made and natural disasters.

PeterCatchpole

Oct 22, 2006
UK
would there any information concerning the likely cost of the 120 day visa? I'm guessing the same as the existing price for six months stay? Also, what would be the views from the companies that provide Visa Services, would they be losing much business and income?

just a thought

manc in oz

Nov 29, 2006
Gold Coast Australia
I bet they don't miss us with the cost of the new visa. I've come across some strange decisions by the powers that be on my trips to Bali. After the Bali bomb went off and tourism was low, the government introduced a visa charge? As tourism was slowly improving, Garuda decided to stop flying from some major city's? I've learnt to expect the unexpected when it comes to Bali.

I hope this post gets through as my last one hasn't? :roll:

macupblue

Jan 4, 2007
Germany
The Hollidayseason start soon now and nothing is clear. The 120 day visa is still not available now let´s start dreaming for 2008

Well it was proposed by the vice president who has power to make things move. He is also a business man who knows how to get things done. He also has mentioned Indonesia needs to free up its rights for airlines to fly into Indonesia. It all sounds good and I think things will start rolling quite quickly.

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
The 120-day VOA is even a better news for Indonesia. Now, the world will be able to discover the "real" :wink: Indonesia. BRAVO, Pak Jusuf.

lozza

Mar 9, 2005
FNQ OZ
This is only a guess .... but if it its like the current 30 day visa you just leave the country and return a day or so later and it should not be a problem.

But I could be wrong.

Who knows what restrictions the indo govt are going to put on it.

Also I guess it depends on how much it is gonna cost, too the indo govt, if they are going to lose out against the 6 month social visa, well it may not be viable to leave the country every 30 days???

Lozza

manc in oz

Nov 29, 2006
Gold Coast Australia
If you could have unlimited renewals, all the expats living in Bali wouldn't have to go on visa runs every two months. I cant see that being the case though. It would be great for people like myself though who doesn't want to live in Bali permanently but would spend one or two long spells a year.

lozza

Mar 9, 2005
FNQ OZ
Hi Manc,

I totally agree with most of what you posted ... but... I thought most expats were on a 6 month social visa runs - but then again I maybe wrong.

Lozza

manc in oz

Nov 29, 2006
Gold Coast Australia
Hi Lozza, I think most expats that come on here are leaving for Singapore every 2 months to renew there visas. I'm sure they will come on shortly and let us know. I couldn't handle that myself, but an extended tourist visa would be great.

froggy

Sep 22, 2006
Houston, Texas
Most of the local ex-pats I know are on social visa, or retirement visa--- but a kitas is good if you come in and out a lot, otherwise you have to renew everytime,, what a drag,,,,

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
Manc, the social visa or sosial budaya is valid for an initial 2 month stay but can be renewed monthly for another 4 months, totalling 6 months without leaving the country.

manc in oz

Nov 29, 2006
Gold Coast Australia
Re: RE: 120 Day Tourist Visa on Arrival

matsaleh said:
Manc, the social visa or sosial budaya is valid for an initial 2 month stay but can be renewed monthly for another 4 months, totalling 6 months without leaving the country.

Okay, that's not too bad. I would still like to know how many times you could renew the new 120 day visa though. It would be pretty good if you could stay 4 months leave the country and come straight back with another 120 day visa. 8)

CAP

Jun 9, 2006
Australia
Hi manc in oz, I think in this disscusion we need to get to the root of it by finding out more about this new 120 day tourist visa.So that the details are more clear IE: which countries acctually are being considered ETC.
Regarding how many times you will be able to leave and return on the next plane,this is a grey area because when they make new laws in Indo they always make them so there are grey areas.I presume if it is treated like the present tourist visa it will depend on the guy at the counter on the way thru customs so it would be normal to be polite .
Hope this is clear and lets hope for somemore details to emerge via this disscution so that we can all know whats going on.
Weird really isnt it :we all love Indonesia and are always working out ways to stay there longer.
For me its the social intercource that feeds my needs.

swisshawaiian

Jul 23, 2006
Canggu-Pererenan, Bali
It's been a while since anyone on this board mentioned the new VOA. Recently I heard that the government changed the plan from 120 days to 90 days. And no word (of course!) when this is going to happen...
Has anyone heard anything else?