120 Day Tourist Visa on Arrival

Sanurian

Sep 28, 2004
Sanur
Hi swisshawaiian
Recently I heard that the government changed the plan from 120 days to 90 days.
Just wondering where you heard that?

I'm stuffed if I know when, or if, the VP of this country will get his act together. I can't even see how there can be any political mileage in this "plan".

Who benefits? Makes little difference to rich tourists or expats. It's not an issue for those working legally in Indonesia with their KITAS's.
Maybe only for those on "Business" or "Social" visas who are working illegally. If the latter is the case, why would the government attempt to make things easier for them? Beats me.

Still, for some tourists, genuine travellers, etc, it would be a sensible thing. Running around this sprawling archipelago in 30 days doesn't give one much opportunity to absorb a lot.

Australia is a big place, too. I've finally managed to get my wife a "Tourist Visa" for there. Three months and relatively painless.
Three months is just for starters, in my opinion, for any country!
Way to go, Indonesia.

:cry:

BaliLife

Mar 27, 2007
Regarding the 30 day visa on arrival, has anyone tried renewing it at the airport without leaving the country? I.e. Coming to an arrangement with immigration there? I'm sure this is very do-able.. In any case I'll be there before the end of the year, coming in on the VOA until the kitas is sorted, if I'm there beyond 30 days, I'll be trying to renew it at bali international (even though I'll probably still be stayin in surabaya at that time), but we know people in bali int airport.. Beats the $250 US flight back to singapore.. If I have to extend it, I will post the results either way it goes.

Ct

Ct

SG

Apr 17, 2007
Sanur, Bali
Re: RE: 120 Day Tourist Visa on Arrival

Sanurian said:
I'm stuffed if I know when, or if, the VP of this country will get his act together. I can't even see how there can be any political mileage in this "plan".

Who benefits? Makes little difference to rich tourists or expats. It's not an issue for those working legally in Indonesia with their KITAS's.
Maybe only for those on "Business" or "Social" visas who are working illegally. If the latter is the case, why would the government attempt to make things easier for them? Beats me.

agreed, and I can't see any politician here doing it for the good of Indonesia...not unless there is some personal advantage in it.

Last week I had two friends arrive in Bali. Both were asked by the immigration guy if they "had anything for me" before the visa was issued (both said no and got one anyway).

Gives you the warm and fuzzies to know that despite the token lipservice towards reducing corruption at the airport, nothing has really changed, and probably never will.

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
Sanurian said:
Australia is a big place, too. I've finally managed to get my wife a "Tourist Visa" for there.

Great news Phil! When are you guys planning to visit? I hope it's before I go back in November.

Sanurian

Sep 28, 2004
Sanur
To everybody on this "thread". I'm combining short responses to four people in order to save money. Hope nobody minds...

BaliLife
...Coming to an arrangement with immigration there?...
Yes, that was an option some time ago. Maybe still is. Although the horror stories I've heard when things went wrong aren't worth the risk.

Ilu is right saying:
I know that some renew their visa at the airport before, but they are more strict now...

SG
...Gives you the warm and fuzzies to know that despite the token lipservice towards reducing corruption at the airport, nothing has really changed, and probably never will...
Spot-on! Except, fool that I am, I believe things will change for the better but probably not in my life-time.

Matsaleh
I just sent you a PM. Basically, early December.

:shock:

Roses

Aug 20, 2005
Warrnambool
Hello All,
I do worry a little about travelling through the airport. My partner has recently travelled twice to Bali in pursuit of her new adventure in life and on both occasions has brought fabric into Bali. First time she got ripped off pretty badly by a story that they could not give her a receipt as she only had Aussie dollars on her and couldn't pay in IDR. Second time she was better armed with a download from the Indonesian Consulate with the correct rates of duty etc. It did not worry them one bit, they agreed with the 10% rate and then wanted Vat and Sales Tax as well more than doubling the correct amount. This time she had rupiah on hand and said she wanted a receipt .......... no worries we will cut the rate in half but no receipt. The net result being we paid the right amount but same as the first trip the money went straight into the officers pocket. It really does not fill me with confidence, not that we love the place any less.

Regards to all who post and lurk

Roses