Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
RE: Home Delivery

Well Mark, if you can, and do eat pork, chicken or duck, you are in big time luck. The Balinese have a million ways of preparing these meats in a most delicious and succulent manner.

If you are a vegetarian, despair not as once again, the Balinese have another million ways of preparing fresh and home grown veggies into delightful meals.

Then, there is always the fruits. In Bali, they seem to be endless in variety, and...and...yes, you guessed it, the Balinese have a million ways of making sweet deserts out of the abundance of local fruit.

Norm

Sep 16, 2006
Australia/Ubud
Hi Mark,

Assuming Mark Wales has some sort of connection with Wales, I regretfully advise that you are most unlikely to find "Chip Butties" in Bali; and also assuming that the "Emerald Isle" you have arrived on is not Eire; but if that is the case you are in luck because you will find lots of "Chip Butties"!!

PS Like your Kipling quote on other thread.

Mark Wales

Aug 16, 2006
Wales, United Kingdom
Hi Norm,
Sorry been shuttling between police station (finger printing/photographs), immigration) and now finally I have my Kitas to stay on this isle for atleast one year (free to come and go whenever the urge arises!) Even got a local driving licence for car and motorcyle! I love this place, money talks, walks and has a life of its own. As regards the food, I've figured it out. Except seafood (which I am allergic to) started eating everything else. It's great. Roy, your The Man, took your advice and sampled the succulent pork courtesy Master Phil. Even the Malboros lights are cheaper, just 8,800 rupiah. In London I used to pay GBP 5.40p!!!!!!
Also, love driving here. I feel am back in Delhi. I have only one complaint, the traffic is too slow. I'm missing the thrill of life threatening misses on the road (like in Delhi and on the Indian highways).
Spent a few days on Kuta beach photographing for my article. What's with this place? Every form of enjoyment is peddled on the beach. Sadly, can't post some of the pics.
Thanks to The Man, Roy, and the Zen Master Phil.
I should have listened to your advice earlier on. Oh well, it's never too late.

Joe Writeson

Jul 30, 2013
Indonesia
Why do you keep trying to communicate with phantoms from the past?
... yup I just noticed the date as well ... but then again when I joined this forum I went back over the archives and spotted a few 'ripe' postings ... then thought better of it ... then didn't

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Does anyone knows where one can buy port (wine) in Bali pref near Sanur.

You gotta try Hardy's in Sanur...best prices in their liquor dept., on the left after you enter thru' the check-out.
I don't even live in Sanur (yet) but when there I always check the booze prices. They sell Hatten Rose in a 2 litre box for Rp 229,900. Strange they never give change:greedy_dollars:
It is Rp265,000- Rp268,000 elsewhere.

Please see another post where I admitted to reselling the wine to the inmates of the Kerobokan Hilton (that place where you get a free breakfast).......they use it to get rid of tikus!!!:disgust:

Dick Rector

Feb 26, 2011
Sanur Bali Indonesia
Thanks Davita,

No, Hardy's doesn't do Port, we are regular clients as we live near. Nowhere I have looked, Port or Sherry is not on the shelves. Never mind. True Hardy's hate to give change and always round off in their favor. You use to get a candy in that case but that habit has gone as well.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Tried Carrefour?...they seem to have an extensive range of booze.....not cheap!
I'd like to meet Hardy's marketing guy, he must be old....pricing Rp1 below to kid the consumer of the price is ancient art!

Dick Rector

Feb 26, 2011
Sanur Bali Indonesia
Done that, both Carrefours, Hypermarts, Tiara's, taxfree-shops also on the airport and some bottleshops around here but no joy so far. Never mind, I have to stick to Cognac or Whisky, NOT a punishment however but my lady likes the sweeter Port! Thanks anyway.

balibule

Feb 6, 2009
Have you tried the Bali Deli supermarket in Sanur? They have lots of imported products. They even got imported cans of coca cola from Singapore at Rp 15,000 a can. What's the difference between local coca cola and imported?

lumumba

Sep 17, 2008
Bandung-Bali-Jakarta
From Cognac, Whiskey and wine to beer: At Pepito in Canggu (new shop) you can find Bali Hai Premium at 13.100 per bottle. At other Pepito I don't know but at the one in Lio Square is not available. Anker at 13.300