What is everyones occupation

Theo

Sep 10, 2007
Holland
I am a fequent reader of this forum now, and really enjoy everyones stories and learning about Bali in general.However, I couldn't find much info on what and why the expats that live in Bali, do for a living... If I may ask, what is everyones occupations for those living in Bali. I read that a few have homestays, internetdesigning etc. So if you like, tell me what is your occupation in Bali, are you retired, have your own business, are you employed by locals?

Greetings,

Theo

BaliLife

Mar 27, 2007
when i get there later this year i'll be managing non-java operations of a development / contracting organization..

ct

Theo

Sep 10, 2007
Holland
Ok, sounds interesting. Maybe I'll see you around then, because I'm heading there also at the end of the year for 7 weeks :D

BaliLife

Mar 27, 2007
Will have to get together for a cold one.. I'll be ready for one by then I think.. Currently another wet wet grey day in vancouver, and cold needless to mention..

Ct

Kimbar

Jun 30, 2007
Bunbury West Australia
Not there yet but looking sooner than latter :lol: I trade the forex share market & can do this anywhere in the world as long as i have internet connection, Bali is looking better & better. Next trip in Oct will tell the story :wink:

Theo

Sep 10, 2007
Holland
Re: RE: What is everyones occupation

BaliLife said:
Will have to get together for a cold one.. I'll be ready for one by then I think.. Currently another wet wet grey day in vancouver, and cold needless to mention..

Ct

For sure, we'll keep in touch.

Thanks for the replies, looks like expats handy with internet can make a living there. 8)

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
People "handy" with internet can make a living anywhere 8)

And thats sort of what I do. Used to be an MCSE, working for a Bank, ABN AMRO.

Learned myself a bit of PHP and MySql while on Bali...

manc in oz

Nov 29, 2006
Gold Coast Australia

Kimbar said:
Not there yet but looking sooner than latter :lol: I trade the forex share market & can do this anywhere in the world as long as i have internet connection, Bali is looking better & better. Next trip in Oct will tell the story :wink:

Hi Kimbar, how long have you been trading the forex? Hope you didn't take the hit that I did in August. :)

Kimbar

Jun 30, 2007
Bunbury West Australia

manc in oz said:
Kimbar said:

Hi Kimbar, how long have you been trading the forex? Hope you didn't take the hit that I did in August. :)

4 yrs trading Aust shares & 3 yrs trading Forex. As you would know losses are part of trading, that's why you must have a well tested system & good money management. :wink: If you would like to know more just e-mail me.
Kim.

rakini

Oct 11, 2006
Perth, Western Australia
I'm a yoga teacher and based in Perth. Hoping to move to Bali sometime in the next few years. I have run a 12 day yoga trip to Bali with a group of 8 and am looking to do more of the same.

Theo

Sep 10, 2007
Holland

rakini said:
I'm a yoga teacher and based in Perth. Hoping to move to Bali sometime in the next few years. I have run a 12 day yoga trip to Bali with a group of 8 and am looking to do more of the same.

That sounds nice! 8)

rakini

Oct 11, 2006
Perth, Western Australia

Theo said:
rakini said:

That sounds nice! 8)

Hi Theo

We had a great trip - in all there were 10 of us, including my husband. We travelled around the east coast and up to Lovina, so the group got to see a lot of Bali along the way.

Some pics of the trip http://good-times.webshots.com/album/559818013UlJHwE