kcooper1102

Jan 16, 2011
I was just curious about the backgrounds of some of the people here on the forum. Are you retired? Do you work for an Indonesian company? Did you manage to get permanent residency? Keeping renewing a social visa? Run an independent business? I interviewed for a job in Bali and if I do not get it, I am considering coming here anyway...I have a steady freelance writing position that would allow me to make enough money to live in Bali. I probably do not even need the job but for some reason, I felt better coming here with a form of employment. I have been looking to live abroad again for awhile now.

I probably would only stay about a year. I know my best option would be getting a social visa and flying back out at six months for another extension. From what I have read here, that seems like a pretty common practice. Would I be able to rent a house without a KITAS?

msveuve

Jul 24, 2010
Bali
Kitas and Work

I was just curious about the backgrounds of some of the people here on the forum. Are you retired? Do you work for an Indonesian company? Did you manage to get permanent residency? Keeping renewing a social visa? Run an independent business? I interviewed for a job in Bali and if I do not get it, I am considering coming here anyway...I have a steady freelance writing position that would allow me to make enough money to live in Bali. I probably do not even need the job but for some reason, I felt better coming here with a form of employment. I have been looking to live abroad again for awhile now.

I probably would only stay about a year. I know my best option would be getting a social visa and flying back out at six months for another extension. From what I have read here, that seems like a pretty common practice. Would I be able to rent a house without a KITAS?

Maybe get your TEFL and teach English as a second language as I do. Can come with Kitas and accomodation assistance.
No need for Kitas to rent
Good luck

mat

Dec 18, 2008
Singaraja

I export handicrafts to sell wholesale to tourist areas in the UK. I just take a long time buying and loading my container. Also I met my wife here and now have a family. The aim is to retire here and not have to do any more containers.
You can rent anything without a kitas. Buying is the tricky bit.

Gee

Jan 22, 2011
Working in Malaysia in oil and want to move to Bali.

Hi,

I am considering very seriously moving over to Bali whilst working in Malaysia startiny May/June time this year.My only issue is that i want to bring my long term girfriend and small dog with me.

With none of us actually working in Bali...is this even possible to set up home here?

mat

Dec 18, 2008
Singaraja
Hi,

I am considering very seriously moving over to Bali whilst working in Malaysia startiny May/June time this year.My only issue is that i want to bring my long term girfriend and small dog with me.

With none of us actually working in Bali...is this even possible to set up home here?

Everything is possible.
Some things just take a bit of creative work.
Read the forums about visas and bringing dogs in.
The dog will be the most difficult [ obviously] as the island has a ban on all dog imports due to the ongoing rabies problem. However I can't see myself the moral problem in bringing them in. Exporting a dog from Bali.... Yes !
Good luck , you won't need it, just a few Indonesian Rupia.