G

Gurkha

Whilst not actually clear in the article, it implies that permits are required for 'Airsoft' guns, can anyone clarify?
Correct! A license is required for an airsoft gun. These toys have been awarded some sort of mystical power ( the military quite often carry them) and don't ever try to import one! The fact that airsoft guns are readily available in places like Kuta just shows that the regulations / laws are not being enforced.
The same applies to crossbows - and I speak from first-hand experience.

Joe Writeson

Jul 30, 2013
Indonesia
We have quite a few with varying degrees of power and authentic looks about them, but no one ever informed us that we would require any sort of permit to own them, not that any vendor ever would of course.
We have a friend who wears a tight brown shirt at work and he says emphatically no ... but he also says that if a Bule went into a Polis station and asked ... the answer would be yes

.... so that's cleared that up ...

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
We have quite a few with varying degrees of power and authentic looks about them, but no one ever informed us that we would require any sort of permit to own them, not that any vendor ever would of course.
We have a friend who wears a tight brown shirt at work and he says emphatically no ... but he also says that if a Bule went into a Polis station and asked ... the answer would be yes

.... so that's cleared that up ...

Tax
20140614_155243.jpg

Joe Writeson

Jul 30, 2013
Indonesia
do you guys mean by 'airsoft gun' a...slug gun,bb gun,air rifle?

I think most Indonesians now class 'Airsoft' as a generic name for all of those items Klaatu, I was always under the impression 'Airsoft' was a brand name for paint guns, but I 've seen slug guns, BB etc labelled as Airsoft.