Valentines Poll: Expat Balinese Romances

Can an expat and a Balinese find true romance and be soul mates?

• YES: I prefer them to my own culture/country because they are beautiful.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO: They are out to get you.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Thanks for sharing your stories and welcome to the forum. I have also heard so many similar stories since coming to Bali.

Sully

Feb 3, 2010
Oz
Leandra

Tks for your honest account of your experiences. Too many people turn a blind eye to these things or think they do not exist. I know of one Balinese bloke who had three girlfriends in a matter of 6 months and after saying he was getting a divorce and getting money for the divorce from her moved onto another girl who had more money.

begonia

Oct 10, 2007
I was about to answer the poll, but I realise that to put on the same box foreigner woman married to balinese man and foreigner man married to balinese woman is not the same and can be very very veryyyyyyyyyy diferent experience!!!!
I think foreigner woman married to a Balinese man is a more dificult and complicated relationship than foreigner man married to a balinese woman!!! at least living on the man´s country and culture.
Have a good day!!

Last edited:

hafri

Sep 25, 2009
I agree 2 you booth... It`s more difficult for a woman married 2 a balinese man and live in Bali. Heard and know many storys like this. But i have many friends with balinese/Indo man or woman so its not all black and white. Most of them have a happy life. It`s up 2 u what u want realy and what u have between ur ears. behave like an normal adult and u end up with someone quite like urself. U end up with assholes in europe 2 if u act like one.