The Pleasures of Driving on Bali

Colleen

Nov 6, 2002
Adelaide
mimpimanis said:
I have to say, though I was a bit nervous at first, I settled into driving here fairly quickly and now wonder why on earth I waited so long to get a car! I can honestly say I enjoy driving around both Bali & Lombok and find as the driver I feel much safer than as a passenger.

Hi Gemma,I reckon that driving in Lombok would be heaps easier than driving in Bali.The roads seem a lot quiter in Lombok to us in most places versus Bali.

mimpimanis

Nov 4, 2003
Kuta, Lombok
www.mimpimanis.com
Hi Colleen

Actually I would say Lombok is more difficult. Sure once you get off the main roads they are quieter. But there are Cidomos (horsecarts) in every town and village of any size and they have to be passed, while remembering that they don't have any brakes and can be unpredictable. There is also a much higher volume of other unusual traffic to deal with such as goats, herds of buffallo, ducks, chickens, children playing in the road and at night adults sitting in the road in the dark.

Bali is a breeze in comparison.

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
Dear Mr Markit
Great, that's just what this forum really needed another candidate for the moral majority.
By the looks of things, it didn't/doesn't need people like you. What's your point, if you have one?

Are you as obnoxious in real life as you portray yourself here? How many axes have you got to grind? I'm sorry to say but you sound like a, perhaps, once-intelligent person who's forgotten to take their medication on time.

Some good points, bad points. Why don't you cut off your other ear, especially the part that might still be attached to the little part adjoining your brain? So much lost potential and you spend your time bullying people on web forums? Makes you feel better, huh?

:cry: