Testing on Images upload

balipod-admin

Administrator
Staff member
this is a test to upload image - Admin

Attachments

• Photo-Courtesy-of-Volcom-Indonesia-I-Made-Winada-Adi-Putra-Bol_-surfing-Indonesias-best-barrel...png
    Photo-Courtesy-of-Volcom-Indonesia-I-Made-Winada-Adi-Putra-Bol_-surfing-Indonesias-best-barrel...png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
If you are sitting on the server it's gonna react differently to your queries than it does to ours you know?

Unable to save after editing a post. The browser also attached a pool.jpg that I have never seen before. Good think it did not find my collection;)

Jimbaran Bay Fish/Seafood Market allows you to select and purchase fresh fish and seafood from the market yourself. You can then pay someone to prepare and grill it for you, and it will be served on the table with all the traditional Indonesian/Balinese dipping sauces. For less than US$50, it is more than enough for two people. With its fresh, pleasant outdoor view and atmosphere, it provides an affordable and abundant lunch/dining experience. It's truly a paradise for seafood foodies

Attachments

• 1 Fishes-at-Jimbaran-Fish-Market-min-1024x768.jpeg
    1 Fishes-at-Jimbaran-Fish-Market-min-1024x768.jpeg
    242.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 3 Seafood-Dishes-at-Jimbaran-Fish-Market-min-1024x768.jpeg
    3 Seafood-Dishes-at-Jimbaran-Fish-Market-min-1024x768.jpeg
    173.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 2 Seafood-Grilling-at-Jimbaran-Fish-Market-768x1024.jpg
    2 Seafood-Grilling-at-Jimbaran-Fish-Market-768x1024.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Jimbaran Bay Fish/Seafood Market, you select and buy the fresh fish/seafood from the fish market by yourself. Pay people to prepare and cook / grill it for you, Ready for you on the table served with all traditional Indonesian / Balinese dipping sauces. For less than US$50 it is more than enough for two people. Fresh, nice outdoor view and atmosphere while enjoying your meal, cheap and abundant. A paradise for a seafood foodie.
A paradise? I had a look at some photos on google map. A lot of seafood nicely laid out in trays filled with water. I guess the ice must have melted. So I will give it a wide berth.

A paradise? I had a look at some photos on google map. A lot of seafood nicely laid out in trays filled with water. I guess the ice must have melted. So I will give it a wide berth.
For the daily catch, freshly delivered by the fishermen on that day, you don't even need crushed or flake ice before heading to the grill. Watch these seafood foodies, hooligans ....

Last edited:
That's how a proper seafood platter is supposed to look like.
All from the North Atlantic, cold water.

992x1340_7986.jpg

images.jpeg-6.jpg

Seafood from warm waters is tasteless, hence they add plenty spices...

View attachment 3763

View attachment 3764

Ooooooo yum.

Hate to think how much that would cost.
Dunno about the cold water thing though, our West Australian Rock Lobster is pretty damn tasty but only when you get it straight off the boat. Once it's been frozen then forget it.

PS I STILL can't open old threads so all the wealth of information ( insert Markits musings and before that Roys ramblings) is lost which is a DAMN shame !

Cheers
Living in the Past
Ken

Well the Forum seems to be slowly improving. At least it didn't double post...

Double post...

Double Post...

Hehe

I agree to some extent that fresh seafood from the North Sea, Atlantic (if it has not been deep frozen) tastes better than that from a tropical country. But it also costs you a fortune. How much do you pay for caviar? Compare it with flying fish eggs. Is the taste worth the difference? The price difference might be irrelevant for a few people, but not for the ordinary Joe.

Typically, if it is rare and expensive, it will taste better based on human taste. The reason for that is simple because you do not eat it quite often. When you eat it, you treat it like a luxurious gourmet food. You will want to taste every bite you make. A long time ago, chocolate and sugar were only for the king and noblemen, but not anymore nowadays it is affordable for everyone. Similarly, with various types of bottles of Champagne, handbags, watches.

But even from the North Sea or the Atlantic Ocean, if it is already deep-frozen, it is also tasteless. Buy the deep-frozen fish, lobster, prawn, mussels, octopus, calamari from the frozen outlets in the supermarket and compare it with freshly caught seafood from the fish market in Jimbaran Bay.

Typically, if it is fresh seafood that has not been frozen, it tastes miles better than the deeply frozen seafood, even it is from North sea, atlantic. At least based on my personal experience. I have tried both numerous times - cold and warm water seafood - in different countries I could compare it.

Also it is good to look at whether it is coming from the shallow sea or deep sea. The seafood coming from the shallow sea (area dependent) could have been contaminated by toxic waste. The seafood coming from northsea, Atlantic is less likely to be contaminated to a degree that you encounter on seafood coming from a shallow sea.

Last edited:
I agree to some extent that fresh seafood from the North Sea, Atlantic (if it has not been deep frozen) tastes better than that from a tropical country. But it also costs you a fortune. How much do you pay for caviar? Compare it with flying fish eggs. Is the taste worth the difference? The price difference might be irrelevant for a few people, but not for the ordinary Joe.

Typically, if it is rare and expensive, it will taste better based on human taste. The reason for that is simple because you do not eat it quite often. A long time ago, chocolate and sugar were only for the king and noblemen, but not anymore today as now it is affordable for everyone. Similarly, with various types of bottles of Champagne, handbags, watches.

But even from the North Sea or the Atlantic Ocean, if it is already deep-frozen, it is also tasteless. Buy the deep-frozen fish, lobster, prawn, mussels, octopus, calamari from the frozen outlets in the supermarket and compare it with freshly caught seafood from the fish market in Jimbaran Bay.

Typically, if it is fresh seafood that has not been frozen, it tastes miles better than the deeply frozen seafood, even it is from Nortsea, atlantic. At least based on my personal experience. I have tried both numerous times - cold and warm water seafood - in different countries I could compare it."
Agreed with the frozen vs fresh thing.
As a kid we never ate seafood, except for a bit of fish on rare occasions.
Reason was money.
Later on I mainly lived near the sea. Brest, Lorient (in Brittany) and 2 years in Tahiti.
I settled down on the Bassins d'Arcachon later on.
In all those.places one could easily buy fresh fish / seafood directly at the small fisherman's boats when they arrived in port.
Lived in Pusan (South Korea), HCMC, and HKG again places were fresh fish is easily available.

Price wise, a platter like on the picture, for 2 persons in 2005 on the Bassin d'Arcahon would be 50 to 60 Euro, add to that an apperitif, a starter, a bottle of Muscadet or Entre Deux Mer a dessert, and you'r at 120 euro easily.

Nowadays sure much more.

But most of the time.we just bought all the ingredients at the port or market and prepared it at home.

The place I last lived in France, and the fishing port.
If it was summer all year round and prices halfed (or my pension doubled), it beats Bali easily.

20230916_063027.jpg
port-andernos-les-bains-france-ostreicole-harbor-commune-located-northeast-shore-arcachon-bay-...jpg

images.jpeg-6.jpg

Back