Tulo

Jun 6, 2015
Hi there,

Myself and my girlfriend are looking at travelling to Bali to teach English in January/February 2016. I'm sorry if this sort of question appears on here too often, but I was wondering if there were many good schools to teach at, the sort of availability in January / February for English speaking teachers, whether it is best to arrive in Bali and find a school, or if it's recommended to organise before making the trip out to Bali?

We are both mid-way through our TEFL course, but have never worked as a teacher before. Will this be a problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tulo

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
There are a couple of schools that advertise for teachers, but the pay seems so low and I don't know they offer visa sponsorship; to be honest I would reconsider Bali as a place to teach English. There are so many better options that welcome teachers, offer visa sponsorship and a decent salary Korea, Japan, China, Vietnam etc. Do that for at least 6 months then just have a holiday in Bali. There are also some internet sites where you can teach online, build up some students that way, then you can travel anywhere.

Nydave

Jun 4, 2015
You should check out this site,,,,Eslcafe,,,this site advertises teaching jobs all over the world,usually gives the salaries and qualifications also,

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
Hi there,

Myself and my girlfriend are looking at travelling to Bali to teach English in January/February 2016. I'm sorry if this sort of question appears on here too often, but I was wondering if there were many good schools to teach at, the sort of availability in January / February for English speaking teachers, whether it is best to arrive in Bali and find a school, or if it's recommended to organise before making the trip out to Bali?

We are both mid-way through our TEFL course, but have never worked as a teacher before. Will this be a problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tulo

Obviously, you should learn to write in proper English BEFORE wanting to teach it to others...:concern::concern:

Nydave

Jun 4, 2015
Well he did say that they were both half way thru the Tefl course,perhaps they didn't get to that stage of the course yet,it also seems to me that he wasn`t too serious about it in the first place,although he didn`t receive too many replies however it would have been nice if he had responded to those of us who offered our advice regardless of whether our advice was helpful or not,like a simple thank you,,or even *u*k you would at least have shown some appreciation,