Supplier of alcohol in Bali

Status
Not open for further replies.

dipali

Oct 5, 2008
I am getting married in Bali at the end of December 2008. I am trying to locate a wholesale supplier of champagne, wines, spirits and beer. Does anyone know of such a supplier where we can buy alcohol for our wedding reception at reasonable prices? How much does champagne/spirits cost in a supermarket?

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Don't be such a tight-ass, the more you splurge on the wedding the less chance you have of ever wanting to do it again - trust me! :)

Sanurian

Sep 28, 2004
Sanur
Hi dipali
...How much does champagne/spirits cost in a supermarket?...
Usually way too much! I wouldn't even consider them as an option unless I was very desperate or rich.

Booze prices were dealt with in this forum a while ago. Do a search for Wine in Sanur and scroll down to a reply from VincentOG. Of course, the prices listed there at the time would be higher now. Nevertheless, PT Surya Utama, in my experience, has always been cheaper than any other source I've been able to find, (apart from illegal ones).

Their address is:

Jl By Pass Ngurah Rai 17A
Pesanggaran
Denpasar Selatan
Tel 0361 723014 (?)

It's very close to MAKRO on the same side of the road. Can be hard to spot so have a look at the Wine in Sanur thread.

Many supermarkets, like Hardy's, Carrefour, Makro, etc, and expat-orientated food outlets such as BaliDeli, The Pantry, charge ridiculously over-the-top prices (double, triple, sometimes more).

:cry:

milan

Mar 20, 2008
Or, if you know someone from the Embassy who could lend you his card to buy at the Duty Free Shop. Don't know if Bali has Embassies or Consulates and a Duty Free Shop in town. I was given by someone who worked at a high level of an Embassy in Jakarta his pass which I utilised to purchase bottles of Pinot Grigot and Champagne for a party of 100 in my resident there.
Hope you could find similar to that in Bali too.

BaliLife

Mar 27, 2007
milan said:
I was given by someone who worked at a high level of an Embassy in Jakarta his pass which I utilised to purchase bottles of Pinot Grigot and Champagne for a party of 100 in my resident there.

oh yeah? well i got to meet the store manager at wal-mart in north vancouver today and he gave me his card and told me to give him a call anytime i wanted to confirm the store's operating hours, so there!!

:roll:

ct

Sanurian

Sep 28, 2004
Sanur
It seems to me, milan, that there are lots of things you don't know.
For example:
...Don't know if Bali has Embassies or Consulates and a Duty Free Shop in town. I was given by someone who worked at a high level of an Embassy in Jakarta his pass which I utilised to purchase bottles of Pinot Grigot and Champagne...
Bali has many consulates and honorary consulates representing citizens of many countries. It also has Duty Free Shops. Et cetera.

If you actually know and understand the difference between shit and clay, you wouldn't post comments like the one above on a public web forum for all to see.

I bet you, double or nothing, that the "someone" working at a "high level" in some Jakartan embassy would be less than impressed to find he's been party to a seriously big illegal act. And have it publicly broadcast.

Are you just silly, naiive, maybe drunk on Pinot Grigot, or just plain stupid? Sorry, just had to ask.

Keep looking over your shoulder, babe, in case there's a knock on your door soon. You might be able to point them in another direction with your champagnes. Good luck, in any case.

Also, try and think about growing-up a bit more or at least, learn some discretion before you come undone.

:cry:

milan

Mar 20, 2008
A ya ya ya ya... someone who protested on the servant's thread now suddenly turned on me too.

Need your adrenaline pumping, bro?

Not surprising. A half-empty glass man... always negative!

Don't worry, I'll leave this website if it makes you all happy because I think it's time for you all to be happy as I am. I'm just happy silly.

Are you just silly, naiive, maybe drunk on Pinot Grigot, or just plain stupid? Sorry, just had to ask.

And as for your comments above, are you describing yourself?
Because all this took place in 1990. So there! As my other fan said on the post before yours.

Ciao and let me go back to my family's wonderful and happy website where we're just having a great time every day. Sure it's a great excercise for me to switch between happy website and "such angry minority of this paradise website" that keeps attacking even on Balinese for their dogs as though someone like you had to arrive in Bali to see this for the Balinese.

You attacked, I attack back.

mimpimanis

Nov 4, 2003
Kuta, Lombok
www.mimpimanis.com
Milan, I am about to PM you. I say it here first, so you dont come back saying I attacked you in PM or am stalking you or whatever. I am just going to make a suggestion... in good will. I hope you will understand and take it as such.

Sanurian

Sep 28, 2004
Sanur
...Are you just silly, naiive, maybe drunk on Pinot Grigot, or just plain stupid? Sorry, just had to ask...
I stand by that question which you don't or can't answer.
...And as for your comments above, are you describing yourself? Because all this took place in 1990. So there!...
Nope - describing you. Suharto era, right? You got away with it. Bravo!
...Ciao and let me go back to my family's wonderful and happy website where we're just having a great time every day. Sure it's a great excercise for me to switch between happy website and "such angry minority of this paradise website" that keeps attacking even on Balinese for their dogs as though someone like you had to arrive in Bali to see this for the Balinese...
Is that a promise? Sounds great to me. Ain't nobody here, as far as I can tell, getting in your way. Why did you come in the first place?

Bye-bye, (I hope).

8)

milan

Mar 20, 2008
Bye.

Bert, I tried but no more. You know I wanted to leave already months ago but you reassured me that all would be ok. So, I went on, but now I prefer to go with a slight vindication on introducing Kabim to this website.
He's a gem and as you can see, he is a wonderful asset to have on this website even though at first he only came and ran out only a few sentences later. He's here to help those who need infos on visa, etc.

Ciao guys and be good. Don't do anything I wouldn't do.

Milan (a happy-go-lucky woman)

Sanurian

Sep 28, 2004
Sanur
Hey milan

No hard feelings.
I genuinely wish you all the very best wherever Life's direction takes you next.

Keep on being a happy-go-lucky woman. Nothing wrong with that.
I'm not sure that Dr Suess books are where it's at.
Good for "starters", perhaps.

Selamat ciao

:)

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
As the pony and rider fade slowly into the misty distance the little boy sitting on the fence cries "Shane, Shane come back Shane"........

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
Milan

If you have truly gone then I am sorry. Many come in here and have a heated discussion and then go off in a fit of pique and say they are never coming back. It can be embarassing then when they do :oops:

Let me make a suggestion if I may and that is just to calm down and maybe stop posting for a while and then slip back in. It is just a forum and in light of world events it really has no great importance.

Some of us in here do not always see eye to eye but learn to live with each other. Try and do the same.

Medan

Oct 11, 2008
Hi Milan,

You shouldn’t quit because of this, I guess people will say whatever they want to say, some will say very hurtful things and some will agree with you, that's the beauty of it. People come from all different backgounds and countries.

When someone writes garbage, you just have to laugh and tell yourself; that person just made a fool out of him/herself (you don't want to be like that, do you) and you should respond in your happy and silly mode as you always do.
I'd hate to see you leave. Just think about it.

Liz

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
Well done Liz! If I can make a suggestion, cut and paste your post as a PM to Milan. That way she’ll at least have a notice of your post in her regular e-mail box.

Sanurian

Sep 28, 2004
Sanur
This topic/thread has, unfortunately, gone way "left field", off the map, to boogy-woogie land.

Anybody remember what the original question was?

dipali, in all innocence, asked something pretty straightforward:
...I am getting married in Bali at the end of December 2008. I am trying to locate a wholesale supplier of champagne, wines, spirits and beer...
Whoah! That's a hard one! Great fodder for silly prevaricationas of all the colours of the rainbow.("Prevarication" = The deliberate act of deviating from the truth, and confusing people unnecessarily).

On behalf of the various wacko's who frequent this forum, I send my apologies.

Don't buy your drinks from Balinese supermarkets. Look around, dig deeper and it's got nothing to do with being a so-called tight arse.

:D

And don't you hate American "spell-checkers"?
"Arse", to me, mean just that. Not "ass", which I always thought was a donkey, mule or idiot.
It's been said that Indians, Australians, and "Americans" don't speak English properly in the first place.

Sanurian

Sep 28, 2004
Sanur
Who is "Liz"? (I don't remember.)
Medan makes some good points here:
...When someone writes garbage, you just have to laugh and tell yourself; that person just made a fool out of him/herself (you don't want to be like that, do you) and you should respond in your happy and silly mode as you always do.
I'd hate to see you leave. Just think about it...
Agreed.

But did you really mean to suggest to milan that she:
...should respond in your happy and silly mode as you always do...

How much does a bottle of good beer cost where you live?

8)

Ipanema

Aug 19, 2004
I have to agree with Liz. It is the same members who love a good/heated agrument or are down right rude. Give the poor girl a break. She is trying, one minute people are complaining that the forum in quite then when an Indonesian (sorry not Balinese) joins you surley must know that her personality and culture will be different to others on the forum.

Not all Indonesians are as well educated as some. There are nicer ways to say what you all wanted to say. You all sound such a superior bunch of intellectuals but none of you sound happy or contented like Milan even with the attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.