Staff, whiteware etc

mobius

Jan 12, 2009
Hi. As per my last recent post, I am looking at leasing (for 10+ years) and occasionally renting out a property - already built. However, it comes without staff or furniture. Is it a real problem to find and keep staff? Also, approx what are the costs - and pitfalls in employing people here? Sorry - as I will not be here all the time i can't have staff up and leaving when I am away. Finally for now, and yes, i have looked around but am finding it hard to get a fix on the prices of good new or second hand white ware. What type of prices is one looking at for the likes of a good fridge, washing machine etc. Thks again for any help.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Just looked today in Amlapura at some refrigerators and to get one of an middle US size (just about fit a VW in it...Lol) approx. 160 x 80 with freezer compartment I was quoted about 4.5 million Rupiah. AC enough for a good sized room about 3 milli installed. Hope that helps and if someone else finds stuff cheaper please let me know too.

Regards
Markit

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
Like anything that is non specific it is difficult to answer your questions. Fridges vary from 2Million to 20million, similar story with washing machines. A/C split types arounf 2-4million.

Staff is a different matter some are good and very trustworthy and some are not. You will certainly need references who ever you take on. Maybe look for an agency that can manage your property and rent it out although there may be pitfalls there.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
Hi....

Jimbo said:
Staff is a different matter some are good and very trustworthy and some are not. You will certainly need references who ever you take on. Maybe look for an agency that can manage your property and rent it out although there may be pitfalls there.

Good advice...I think hiring a company who takes care of your property when you're not there, or even when you are there they provide trustworthy personnel, is in many ways very smart... That being said I can also think of some problems that could arise. Fee's for listing your property, How to know if they did rent your place out when you are not there? just of the top of my head...
Friendly greetings...Gilbert.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
Hi trinrick....

Just wondering where the electricity-bills goes when you're not at home...I guess to the company who takes care of the home? Would be getting expensive if the bills don't get paid whilest away, disconnect-reconnect again, the fine for late payment.
friendly greetings.....Gilbert.