kcooper1102

Jan 16, 2011
Hello
I will be working in Bali shortly and my boyfriend is coming with me. I spoke to the Indonesian embassy in Washington DC and they said I cannot sponsor him for a social visa until I am actually in Indonesia with the KITAS and he mentioned about my boyfriend applying after I get all of that,etc....Can he also apply this route if he is already in Indonesia on a tourist visa or can he only do this if he is still in the United states?

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
if you wanna travel together, your boyfriend could get a VOA (Visa On Arrival) valid 30 days, in that time you/your employer can take care of your paperwork...after you BF's 30 days are done, he could travel to singapore and apply for a sosbud there, sponsored by you. But he needs to apply for a sosbud outside of indonesia

kcooper1102

Jan 16, 2011
if you wanna travel together, your boyfriend could get a VOA (Visa On Arrival) valid 30 days, in that time you/your employer can take care of your paperwork...after you BF's 30 days are done, he could travel to singapore and apply for a sosbud there, sponsored by you. But he needs to apply for a sosbud outside of indonesia

Thanks so much for the info. That is good to know. He has never traveled before so I know he wants to come there with me and I could tell he was not keen on waiting here without me to apply for the visa in the States.

kcooper1102

Jan 16, 2011
I was under the Idea that a Kitas holder can only sponsor a family member?

I had thought that too but when I talked to the embassy in Washington, he did not mention anything about him not being my husband and said he could apply for the social through me. That led me to believe it was okay unless the person I was speaking to gave me the wrong information.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Probably a lot less hassle to get an Indonesian person to sponsor your boyfriend's social visa.