spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
From the start of the new year we have been having problems with Speedy ADSL. The connection works for a while then cuts out. Never had this problem before.

We had a guy out from Speedy and while he suggested several things to fix what he saw as the problem, modem overheating, I am not convinced. Have called the Speedy support line and they said they will look into it and it will be fixed over the next 3 days. Somehow when we are on the phone to them, everything works fine.

When you pick up the telephone and listen to the dial tone there is some static noise, which I think might be a problem and getting someone from Telekom to come and check our line today.

Anyone have any tips or ideas, it's really starting to drive me nuts!

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
When you pick up the telephone and listen to the dial tone there is some static noise, which I think might be a problem and getting someone from Telekom to come and check our line today.

ADSL depends on a good connection between you and the local exchange. The noise on the line indicates a problem - somewhere there may be a loose connection or a connection affected by water. If the problem is on your property, you have a pretty good chance of finding it - but if elsewhere along the line it gets harder and depends on the technicians. If it is quite intermittent (such as if a water problem) then they will have trouble. Good luck.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Thanks. That sounds like the problem then as I think it started after one of the big storms we had here during the NY. When we called Speedy they said the line wasn't the problem as we could still call.

I hate these kinds of problems because whenever a technician comes you can be sure everything works fine!

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
So the Telekom guy just came and he found there was tree branch on a cable somewhere near our home that was causing the problem. Fixed in about 5 minutes!

alex margou

Jul 20, 2013
I've had problems with Speedy on and off for year or so.

Speedy guys have come and gone and found nothing, but it finally got solved when I found some Telkom guys working on my neighbour's phone line at the end of the street. I chatted to them and told them that Speedy often cut out when it rained. So they checked my line and declared it to be rusty. They said trees can damage the plastic coating and kite strings/wires can also damage phone lines.

They reported it to their office and told me to go and have a moan at the office in Teuku Umar to back up my problem and to ask for a new cable.

Next day two blokes came and fitted me a few hundred yards of telephone cable and since then I've had 1.1 Mbps down and 24 kbps up, even in the rain.

So maybe, if your Speedy isn't being speedy - try asking for a new phone cable.