Some Bali Signs Can Make You Smile

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Makes you ask, who authorizes this changer - and when do you need to change your monkey.
[attachment=0:11uwjzhp]joger-luwus.jpg[/attachment:11uwjzhp]
This one is on the main road to Bedugul and SIngaraja in the village of Luwus just south of the Pertamina fuel stop. There is another in Kuta which has been blogged about
http://www.baliblog.com/travel-tips/joger-in-tuban-bali.html
and it has the same sign.

Attachments

• joger-luwus.jpg
    joger-luwus.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 125

mimpimanis

Nov 4, 2003
Kuta, Lombok
www.mimpimanis.com
And this internet cafe on Jalan Uluwatu.

n547771311_865588_873.jpg

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Haven't got a picture of it but I crack up every time I'm behind one of the trucks:

EL PE JI

Should stand for Liquid Propane Gas or LPG for short :lol:

Or the aptly named Knalpot (muffler/silencer)

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
:lol: both signs and the LPG truck comment are very very funny.
btw, the word 'Knalpot' is dutch from back in the day. guess that got stuck for whatever reason? same as kabel, rem and lots more.
ronb, have you ever seen that big sign right side of the road, when entering Lovina-area from the west...it says "HIDE DRUGS" in enormous letters :lol: , when I am down there I will take a pic of it and post it here.
friendly greetings, gilbert,

motormouth

Aug 29, 2009
Canggu
There is a transport guy in Kuta who has a kijang with a large sticker across his front window.
It reads MR F..k. Just the sort of car you would want the family to tour around in..hah hah :D

Kadek

Dec 6, 2005
Australia
ronb said:
Makes you ask, who authorizes this changer - and when do you need to change your monkey.
[attachment=0:257ce9m2]joger-luwus.jpg[/attachment:257ce9m2]
This one is on the main road to Bedugul and SIngaraja in the village of Luwus just south of the Pertamina fuel stop. There is another in Kuta which has been blogged about
http://www.baliblog.com/travel-tips/joger-in-tuban-bali.html
and it has the same sign.

Does anybody read or understand the small print written underneath the "Authorised Monkey Changer"?

Perhaps not - and you all think it is a spelling mistake for 'money'.
The small print says "Humor Gaya Joger" which means "Humour - Joger style". So the mistake is intentional after all. And considering the company sells T-Shirts and other souvenirs with 'funny' slogans, it is not surprising that it has a sign like that.

begonia

Oct 10, 2007
Once I saw a sign on the middle of the ricefields in Kutu Kajah Ubud saying

TIDAK DI JUAL

I am still laugthing thinking about that sign!!!
of course many pieces of ricefields around that sign already has gone on that road :(
By the way, I love the Joger sentences (uhhhhhh I don´t know the word en english, frases??? sentencias??? writings???)
The antiques´s one is very good grover!!! lucu sekali!!

orang gila

Jul 6, 2006
Bali
gilbert de jong said:
have you ever seen that big sign right side of the road, when entering Lovina-area from the west...it says "HIDE DRUGS" in enormous letters

That's always been one of my favorite signs, and it's only 100 meters from where we are living. There used to be a similar sign near Lake Bratan but they've replaced that with a new version.

here's one from a menu that caught my eye :shock: .

Dyah

Dec 29, 2005
Hamburg, Germany
www.ikat-agentur.com
yes i love indonesian sign, advertising board etc... i have some collection and use those picture for my Indonesian lesson as authentic material ... they are very funny and sometimes it´s very good to see how many error "we" make as Indonesian, in writing indonesian words ...
-Dyah