Russian development in Ubud

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
The way the world is moving these days ,there seems to be a movement towards the evil monsters for example herr trumpff ,he is in love with putin, kim jung un the kkk etc etc etc , its a rather worrying trend for the human race .

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
The way the world is moving these days ,there seems to be a movement towards the evil monsters for example herr trumpff ,he is in love with putin, kim jung un the kkk etc etc etc , its a rather worrying trend for the human race .
Personally I can't think of a better place to watch it all happen, or not, than little old Indonesia. This seems like an oasis in the desert here - no real price inflation on food or gas, no crazy marching boots from the left or the right. We're even largely protected from the idiotic LGBTFFUUKU mania and racially we're the bule so that's all ok with me.

britoo

Sep 11, 2018
Personally I can't think of a better place to watch it all happen, or not, than little old Indonesia. This seems like an oasis in the desert here - no real price inflation on food or gas, no crazy marching boots from the left or the right. We're even largely protected from the idiotic LGBTFFUUKU mania and racially we're the bule so that's all ok with me.
lil old Indonesia,... you mean the country spanning perhaps a quarter of the length of the entire planet :) and I think scheduled to rank No 6 Globally by economy by the late 20s.

Do agree with you however, the yester-year charm of Indonesia is a huge plus in contrast to PC gone mad in the West and the seeming great focus on things that don't appear to matter and don't seem to move society forwards.

Reactions: YachtRock

pantaiema

Sep 3, 2023
I refer people from the former USSR as Russians because they look similar to me. Also, because many of those living in these countries are Russians. People who harbour hatred towards people from these countries, don't you like seeing someone like Estonian model Valeria Vasilieva wandering around Bali? In 2022, she paid the price, hunted by the Indonesian police for calling Balinese police corrupt and posted it in her social media profile, and was expelled from a global event in Bali
https://thebalisun.com/estonian-model-apologises-for-accusing-bali-police-of-corruption/

Don't you like seeing things like this?
Russian and European Pretty Girls on the BEACH

In the evening you could party with them like this guy Indonesia Bali. THIS BALI NIGHTCLUB IS FULL OF RUSSIAN HOT MODELS! (Canggu, Denpasar)

PARTYING WITH RUSSIAN GIRLS IN BALI - FINNS BEACH CANGGUhousand US Dollars)

You don't need to go to FKK in Germany (extreme case), or to wait for a spring-break to travel to Cancun in Mexico, Copacabana Beach in Brazil or to fomer USSR countries to see these things; they're right at your doorstep

In Indonesia it is an offence to insult the government, state institutions, president or vice president.
Article 241: Everyone who broadcasts, shows, or attaches writing or pictures so that they are seen by the public, plays recordings so that they are heard by the public, or disseminates by means of information technology containing humiliation to the government or state institutions. Similarly Article 218 targets those who challenge the honour and dignity of the president or vice president, except if done in the public interest or self-defense.

In my opinion, there's a distinction when you switch the terminology from "police" to "policemen." Using the latter, you cannot be prosecuted under Article 241, as you're specifically referring to the individuals rather than the institution itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Foamcrest

Shadrach

Feb 20, 2021
Same could be said about Yanks and Aussies...

I can't understand this anti Russia brainwashing. Seriously.

Look at Putin's interview and look at Biden... One is a real head of state, the other an old senile guy.
Ouch! That's a pretty harsh thing to say about Yanks and Aussies! Do you think the French are squeaky clean? Remember all the Atomic bombs they set off in the south Pacific! They conquered Tahiti and French Polynesia and nations in Africa too, and made them incredibly expensive. Look at many conquering nations in this world, didn't that guy Navalny just get killed in Prison? Or was his death a natural death? All I'm saying is no conquering nation is this world has the right to judge others,

Foamcrest

Jun 11, 2016
I’m sorry I posted a ‘like’ on pantaiema post when I really meant it to be under Shadrach post and I dont know how to remove my ’like’. Not that it matters much.

Reactions: Shadrach

Balifrog

Dec 30, 2017
Ouch! That's a pretty harsh thing to say about Yanks and Aussies! Do you think the French are squeaky clean? Remember all the Atomic bombs they set off in the south Pacific! They conquered Tahiti and French Polynesia and nations in Africa too, and made them incredibly expensive. Look at many conquering nations in this world, didn't that guy Navalny just get killed in Prison? Or was his death a natural death? All I'm saying is no conquering nation is this world has the right to judge others,
I remember the atomic bombs....I was present there for 10 of them.

20210623_101639_copy_768x1024.jpg

20210623_101625_copy_768x1024.jpg

And I am still alive.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Spot on mate. This is exactly what I tell everyone too. I was talking to my mate the other day about this and he was bitching about how developed Bali has become. Do you think people bitch about how developed Sydney is or New York? It was beautiful, pristine wilderness before people colonized and industrialized it.

Nothing pisses me off more than westerners coming over here and telling locals how they should or shouldn't develop their land.

Change is inevitable. You can't stop it. So if you don't like it, either shut up or like Markit said, go find another undeveloped island to be your paradise. But odds are you won't like it there because they won't have good wifi or Acai bowls and the corruption will even be worse than it is in Bali.
It is what an individual seeks. The image of Bali in the mind of the vacationer is hardly what a person seeks visiting New York City. Change may be inevitable but what is present in Canggu is hardly what is dreamed in someone seeking The Isle of The Gods.

Shadrach

Feb 20, 2021
It is what an individual seeks. The image of Bali in the mind of the vacationer is hardly what a person seeks visiting New York City. Change may be inevitable but what is present in Canggu is hardly what is dreamed in someone seeking The Isle of The Gods.
Canggu iis a reflection of the greed of the people here! I remember when Canggu was nothing but a small village and a beach. There was no development on the beach at all. Every time I hear this expression the isle of the Gods I cringe! Do people really think the Gods would be happy seeing how money is worshipped, and people throw trash everywhere in the streets, rivers, Ocean. Bali is a beautiful island, it's just the people don't appreciate it and keep it clean!

Reactions: Balifrog

YachtRock

Nov 2, 2022
Tabanan, Bali

I totally understand if tourists come here and feel bamboozled but the majority of people that I hear complaining about the development are people that have been living here for years. They are just butt hurt their little paradise is being sold off.

Well sorry to break it to you guys. It was never your paradise. We are eternal guests on this island and the Balinese have the right to ruin or improve the island at their will. We are just along for the ride.

pantaiema

Sep 3, 2023
Keep in mind that Bali's development plays a crucial role in Indonesia's overarching governmental plan to entice investors and higly skilled and competitive individuals to the country, ultimately fostering economic growth and reinforcing its global competitiveness, much like the early stages of development observed in countries such as Singapore and Taiwan. These nations rapidly advanced to become some of the wealthiest on the planet, largely due to the presence of numerous affluent and talented individuals including competitive immigrans from mainland china immigrating and residing in these countries.

Russian individuals are widely recognized for their talent and competitiveness, evident in the significant number who immigrate to countries like the US and UK. It's worth noting that many of them possess physical attributes such as tall stature, blond hair, and blue eyes. When they intermingle with local populations, it's anticipated that Indonesia will benefit from a more capable generation. These individuals, hailing from Russia and Ukraine, are often highly intelligent, seeking to evade conscription and the prospect of being deployed to the front lines to engage in combat.

Consider the implementation of new visa programs such as Nomad Visa, Golden Visa, Global Talent, Second Home, and Diasporas Visa. Do you think these affluent and talented individuals being interested in residing in the jungles of Borneo, Papua, or Sumatra? Alternatively, given Indonesia's vast array of 15,000+ islands, individuals could opt to live freely on one of these remote islands without much scrutiny. Do you believe such individuals would find these areas appealing for residence?

Last edited:

AuroraB

Dec 17, 2021
In my opinion, there's a distinction when you switch the terminology from "police" to "policemen." Using the latter, you cannot be prosecuted under Article 241, as you're specifically referring to the individuals rather than the institution itself.
Good luck explaining the intricate complexities of the English language to the Indonesian police after they translated your post.

• Haha
Reactions: YachtRock

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Keep in mind that Bali's development plays a crucial role in Indonesia's overarching governmental plan to entice investors and higly skilled and competitive individuals to the country, ultimately fostering economic growth and reinforcing its global competitiveness, much like the early stages of development observed in countries such as Singapore and Taiwan. Dude you may be eloquent but you don't seem to have a clue what you're talking about: Read where you like and you'll see the 2 you mention base their success on good education of their people, successfully battling corruption and luck in their geography. These nations rapidly advanced to become some of the wealthiest on the planet, largely due to the presence of numerous affluent and talented individuals including competitive immigrans from mainland china immigrating and residing in these countries.

Russian individuals are widely recognized for their talent and competitiveness, Only in Russian and by Russians evident in the significant number who immigrate to countries like the US and UK. Yeah the Russian Mafia It's worth noting that many of them possess physical attributes such as tall stature, blond hair, and blue eyes knuckle dusters and small guns. When they intermingle with local populations, it's anticipated that Indonesia will benefit from a more capable generation. The gene pool is shallow enough here isn't it? These individuals, hailing from Russia and Ukraine, are often highly intelligent, seeking to evade conscription and the prospect of being deployed to the front lines to engage in combat. Or as they're known in their country - deserters.

Consider the implementation of new visa programs such as Nomad Visa, Golden Visa, Global Talent, Second Home, and Diasporas Visa. Do you think these affluent and talented individuals being interested in residing in the jungles of Borneo, Papua, or Sumatra? Alternatively, given Indonesia's vast array of 15,000+ islands, individuals could opt to live freely on one of these remote islands without much scrutiny. Do you believe such individuals would find these areas appealing for residence?
I'm not sure what your motive here is but it is clear you have some fecking agenda so just out with it mate and stop poking around the hole.

I suspect Indonesia will do just fine without an invasion of Russian/Ukrainian draft dodgers to mingle their genes with the local hookers at Finns as they have more raw materials than most other Asian countries and are looking after their own interests with regulations and suitable cooperations with China.

pantaiema

Sep 3, 2023
I'm not sure what your motive here is but it is clear you have some fecking agenda so just out with it mate and stop poking around the hole.

I suspect Indonesia will do just fine without an invasion of Russian/Ukrainian draft dodgers to mingle their genes with the local hookers at Finns as they have more raw materials than most other Asian countries and are looking after their own interests with regulations and suitable cooperations with China.
What agenda are you referring to? It's all about personal opinions, isn't that the essence of a discussion forum? You have your own opinions, and I have mine.

Shadrach

Feb 20, 2021
No mate, but at the end the Rainbow won.....look at all the LGBT movements over the world !
What the hell does the last two posts have to do with the original topic? Swimming in the port of Auckland? lGBT movement? Russians? I've lost the plot!