Retirement Kitas crazy prices

relaxnow

Jun 12, 2020
Trying to apply for above but getting quoted prices ranging from 17 to 42 million plus $150 for telex, i have had 9 of them but my agent i cant contact as i am offshore and for whatever reason not answer phone so could be a range of reasons for that as he been spot on and problem free for 8 years ( not want kitap just yet ) and the the most i have ever paid was 10 mill inc merp and that has been the price for the last 3 years, when i challenged them why the price way up i get the its because of Corona, yet the immigration prices are the same as have been, one i asked and if you want 42 million now for kitas how much will it be when you convert it to kitap and he says 160 mill, do these agents really think folks are that fecking stupid, the seach goes on.

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
The prices probably went up because agents have fewer clients now but don't want to have less revenue
:rolleyes:. Seriously, maybe better to come on a business visa like all the other tourists are doing now, and then do the onshore retirement Kitas application when you can finally track down your agent or find one whose price you can accept.

Reactions: matsaleh and tel522

relaxnow

Jun 12, 2020
Think i will just keep searching for the right price for now as i am in the UK and will be in line for the vaccine middle to end January so as well waiting to get that done and also at the minute the flight prices are very high and means transfering thru Jakarta.

Balifrog

Dec 30, 2017
I just renewed my retirement Kitas (3rd), same price as usual (9 M).
But discussing with the agent she told me that for a new arrival the price in Bali is 15 M plus 150 USD.
And she said that in Jakarta it can be double that !

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Can’t understand how a business visa could be a viable choice. Traditionally although good for a year, it required leaving Indonesia every 60 days. Where can you now do that?
It does appear that there are some strange things going on, as north Kuta is full of young Russians who have been there for months.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Business visa is the new "social visa" - looks the same, acts the same and costs the same you just can't do any business (earn money) with it - go figure...

Reactions: matsaleh

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
Can’t understand how a business visa could be a viable choice. Traditionally although good for a year, it required leaving Indonesia every 60 days. Where can you now do that?
It does appear that there are some strange things going on, as north Kuta is full of young Russians who have been there for months.
The business visa is just your way into the country. Once in, you apply locally for your retirement kitas and no longer have to exit and come back in.. I suggested this to the OP because he was finding that the price of a retirement Kitas obtained offshore has gone up substantially.

Reactions: matsaleh

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
The business visa is just your way into the country. Once in, you apply locally for your retirement kitas and no longer have to exit and come back in.. I suggested this to the OP because he was finding that the price of a retirement Kitas obtained offshore has gone up substantially.
Thanks Mark, this certainly clarifies things.

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
As things change everyday here this post is current at time of writing but who knows what the deal is in a month or two:

Business visa, you do not need to leave after 60 days can extend for 6 months. Currently it's possible to pay and renew it without leaving Indonesia when it ends. I don't know about switch to kitas.

I have been doing much research about visa agents and had dinner at The Man Shed Sanur the other night, the girl there is also a visa agent. Her prices are significantly lower than what I have paid I will share her details, if not allowed Mods can delete. She did say prices fell in last month due to competition and there is visa agents literally everywhere I go in the south:

Address: Easy Visa, Jl. Danau Toba No.14, Sanur, Kec. Denpasar Sel., Kota Denpasar, Bali 80228, Indonesia

Hours:
Closed ⋅ Opens 9AM Mon

Phone: +62 821-4487-0477

Province: Bali

JDW100

Sep 21, 2020
Why not do it yourself?

we have done 2x KITAS and one KITAP and am just in the process of KTP.

it’s not that hard and costs very little, doing it yourself. I found staff at all the offices you have to travel to were very helpful.

Police were nice. The only person who was a pain was the Head of Banjar guy. Jumped up fat sh*t. .

if you are well organised and do your research it’s really not that hard. Agent fees are a joke, their profit margins must be incredibly high.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Having been here awhile will still admit being eager to learn more in the fascinating and ever changing world of obtaining a visa. Experiences vary and can be quite different from one regency to another. One thing that has been consistent has been the requirement for an agent in pursuing a retirement visa, as well as that agent’s influence with the folks at immigration.

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
Why not do it yourself?

we have done 2x KITAS and one KITAP and am just in the process of KTP.

it’s not that hard and costs very little, doing it yourself. I found staff at all the offices you have to travel to were very helpful.

Police were nice. The only person who was a pain was the Head of Banjar guy. Jumped up fat sh*t. .

if you are well organised and do your research it’s really not that hard. Agent fees are a joke, their profit margins must be incredibly high.
By law, retirement visas require the use of an agent. However, you're right about the DIY process for those who can, eg a local spouse sponsored kitas or kitap. It's easy and straightforward.

JackStraw

Mar 14, 2017
Trying to apply for above but getting quoted prices ranging from 17 to 42 million plus $150 for telex, i have had 9 of them but my agent i cant contact as i am offshore and for whatever reason not answer phone so could be a range of reasons for that as he been spot on and problem free for 8 years ( not want kitap just yet ) and the the most i have ever paid was 10 mill inc merp and that has been the price for the last 3 years, when i challenged them why the price way up i get the its because of Corona, yet the immigration prices are the same as have been, one i asked and if you want 42 million now for kitas how much will it be when you convert it to kitap and he says 160 mill, do these agents really think folks are that fecking stupid, the seach goes on.

42 million sounds like an absolute scam I know a great agent who will do it from 14-17 jt. depending on if you are onshore or offshore. If you're interested, DM me and we can talk about.