tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
Re post #19

Thanks again tintin...I get what you say. The HRIG immediately supports the VAR vaccine as it takes a while for the vaccine to instruct the immune system to respond to the virus. Pre-immunization will already have 'taught' the immune system.

All the more reason to keep a vial of HRIG in the 'frig...is that feasible...anyone?

The Human Rabies Immuno globulin (HRIG) should be stored in the original container at 2°C to 8°C. As such, its shelf life is 2 years. The storage for up to one week at ambient temperatures (25°C) in the original container is OK. Whatever you do, DO NOT FREEZE.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
That HRIG in the fridge could easily be confused with Hatten's Rose.......gasp, and probably tastes about the same. Be careful with your somnambulant searches.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
That HRIG in the fridge could easily be confused with Hatten's Rose.......gasp, and probably tastes about the same. Be careful with your somnambulant searches.

hahaha...had to look that word up...sleepwalking...good one. I was an RAF cadet last time I did that .....walked into my cupboard and peed all over my uniform.

Actually, I've so many 2 litre boxes of Hatten wine in my frig there isn't any room for the vaccine. Plan B to get on a flight to Singapore will seem be my 'modus operandi' if bitten by a stray dog.

G

Gurkha

That is the case. No vaccine to be found. Our Pembantu's son was bitten on the cheek by one of their family dogs that spends its "life" on a 1.5 meter chain 10 days ago in the family compound. No matter how we tried to explain to her and her husband that the likelyhood of that dog (which is still there) having rabies was practically null they insisted that, since here in Karangasem there is really no vaccine, that they rent an expensive car (naturally the whole tribe has to go) for a trip to DPS where they were assured that since the uncle lives there and his KTP (citizenship card) is from there they could get the vaccine for cheeky even though he came from Karangasem.

All wrong, of course. No vaccine, wouldn't have gotten it anyway as cheeky lives in K and since the stupid dog exhibits no symptoms they couldn't have it anyway.

It's almost impossible to convince people whose belief system stems from the bronze age and that believe implicitily in black magic that the least contact with a dog isn't death bringing and therefore deserving of vaccine.

I'm convinced that that's where it's all gone.

Nevertheless they should have some for us.
Upper cheek or lower cheek?