Presidential election

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I get the feeling most people here are holding their breath and when you congratulate anyone (who, of course all voted for Joko) the general feeling is "we'll see" so Tintin the election aint yet over and probably won't be for a year or two.

Joe Writeson

Jul 30, 2013
Indonesia
The Fat Lady ... or at least her family, is getting ready to sing because now the 'Good Guy' needs to shore up his percentage of support in the various 'Houses' to ensure his new mandates get passed without getting too bogged down in marginal voting, he needs a much larger percentage in political support to achieve this.

Already we see that there are machinations engaged to aline lesser parties with the 'Good Guy's, the problem is these 'lesser parties' will want some of their 'manifesto' included as part of their bargaining ... and if that includes some of the more extreme religion-based parties, mass silliness could still ensue.

Meanwhile the 'Bad Guy' has shown that he is not going to go quietly and has burnt his bridges as far as being invited to work with the 'Good Guy' is concerned ... he has shown already that he is not above making snap decisions during tantrums and may yet do something far beyond throwing his toys out of the pram ... already I have heard the bleats of 'it couldn't happen here' and 'the people will not allow it' ... May 1998 ???

G

Gurkha

The problem with the 'bad guy' is that he believes all the balderdash created by his image consultants and spin doctors, of whom, there was a plethora! Also, as mentioned in the international press, this was his last shot at being at the top of the tree>

Joe Writeson

Jul 30, 2013
Indonesia
The statement that causes me the most problems is 'I will be President ... no matter what it takes' ... it was on YouTube but now deleted.