supertago

Sep 3, 2010
Roma
Hallo !
Has anybody ever considered buying a prefab house and building it on a leased land ? Seems to me an easy way to not get in trouble with any indonesian nominee who could take the advantages of a fancy home builded by a western , when the contract is over and the amount request to renew is crazy .
One could give the land back , dismount the house end rebuilt it on a new land .
I wish someone's mind has managed this idea...

Last edited:

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I wonder if prefab houses could stand the heat and humidity of the tropics unless they were specifically designed for it.

You would also need to get written into the contract/lease that you will own any improvements you make on the land.

leandra

Feb 16, 2010
Hallo !
Has anybody ever considered buying a prefab house and building it on a leased land ? Seems to me an easy way to not get in trouble with any indonesian nominee who could take the advantages of a fancy home builded by a western , when the contract is over and the amount request to renew is crazy .
One could give the land back , dismount the house end rebuilt it on a new land .

the idea is not new and there are 2 or 3 companies in bali offering prefab houses.

i believe its an excellent way to avoid any trouble.

most people i know have bought a JOGLO( wooden house from java) for a very cheap price. Then they have added some amendments like extra walls etc, it really looks cute and equipped with an ac it is fantastic.

there are also new styles avaiable, cant remember the supplier but believe its a german and or sewdish supplier. they sell prebuilt houses incl pool and all, prices are reasonable as well and i am sure that they have considered the tropics and the climat.
most important for both, joglo or new one, the house must be buildt on a higjher level, preferably more than 50 cm, in case it rains( like now...).

check out BIKU resto on petitenmget or its right hand neighbour, simlple joglos but nice....
powerplate house near warung gossip is a googhle too, they have added one more room in the back, nice idea.

wish you a lot of fun exploring it all.

best,
leandra

supertago

Sep 3, 2010
Roma
:icon_lol:
I did a Google search and came up with a few Bali based companies for pre fab houses. They come in all sizes and shapes. Really nice looking.

Manufacturer of high quality prefabricated wooden houses, gazebos and pavilions.
Tropical Building Systems | Bali, Indonesia
"Prefab Bali Houses, ECO Cottages, Gazebos, Design"
Thank you all , buddies !
I know it won't last more than few years , but I'm planning to lease a land and put a prefab home on it . Just to get enough time to look around before taking a decision about settle down in Bali . I already got a small prefab house in my garden near Roma ( not the same I live in , of course...) , using it as a recovery for car and other stuff . The climate is pretty different , but , if you take care of it yearly , it seems to be " healthly " .
I will check once in Bali .
Thank you !!! :icon_lol:

mobilemama

Jul 25, 2010
jimbaran
cheaper to rent

I know it won't last more than few years , but I'm planning to lease a land and put a prefab home on it . Just to get enough time to look around before taking a decision about settle down in Bali . I already got a small prefab house in my garden near Roma ( not the same I live in , of course...) , using it as a recovery for car and other stuff . The climate is pretty different , but , if you take care of it yearly , it seems to be " healthly " .

Better to rent house or villa until you really decide on where you want to live. Land and prefab house will cost a bit and it will also be very costly to remove and reasemble, also if you dont know where and what business you are going to have better to be flexible, rental land is usually for long periods
so cant really see why prefab house. Maybe i have misunderstood your post, but it all sounds like a waste of money, plus it takes time for prefab to be made, they dont keep stock on hand in bali. the joglo houses are very cute but do take a lot of maintenance. it is the tropics. every building requires maintenance here. Once a year is not enough, maybe every three months.
I dont want to pour water on your ideas but maybe come here with lots of ideas and see what works best for you.
Good luck and good wishes, at least you have the courage to follow your dream.

hermit

Aug 19, 2010
Bona gianyar

If you are looking for a quick and cheap solution,consider a bambu and alang alang house.Can be very pleasant to live in,no aircon needed.Very quick to build.By the time you are leaving your parcel of land its lifespan (15 years if treated well?)might be over,but the little investment would make it worthwile.Google Bambu and you see plenty of examples.Very ecologically correct as well.
Have a nice stay!

scout

Jun 25, 2010
Ubud
There was an article recently in the Bali Advertiser about a bamboo house, looked amazing, and of course the intention was to remove when the land lease expired. Cant remember which issue but was a few months ago....

komang skye

Aug 11, 2009
I know nothing of the legal issue but I am a builder and i will say this: Prefab is a dicey subject, there are good products out there and there are also a LOT of bad ones. Also if the plan is to take it with you, the house must be engineered for that, most prefabs are not and it isn't feasible to un-build, and rebuild.

just do good research on the prefab product you might buy

Hallo !