Plastic pollution

harryopal

May 5, 2016
Just watching French news and a story about nurdles, tiny plastic pellets, loaded with chemicals, huge amounts of which end up in the sea, swallowed by marine creatures which absorb the chemicals and then of course pass the chemicals on into humans that eat the fish. An estimate that 293,000 tons of plastics entering the oceans each year. The scientific group doing the research are trying to focus on a major petrochemical company producing nurdles with most melted down to produce plastic products. Good to see the issue being taken to the producers and not just focussing on you and I who find it almost impossible to buy products without plastics.

Reactions: spicyayam

murphynagari

Jun 18, 2022
Just watching French news and a story about nurdles, tiny plastic pellets, loaded with chemicals, huge amounts of which end up in the sea, swallowed by marine creatures which absorb the chemicals and then of course pass the chemicals on into humans that eat the fish. An estimate that 293,000 tons of plastics entering the oceans each year. The scientific group doing the research are trying to focus on a major petrochemical company producing nurdles with most melted down to produce plastic products. Good to see the issue being taken to the producers and not just focussing on you and I who find it almost impossible to buy products without plastics.

murphynagari

Jun 18, 2022
I have been telling tourist for years don't eat fish caught close Bali shores they are full of plastic only eat the deep sea spicies