kx2fity

Sep 23, 2010
Hello All,

Just after some advice on Teaching Work in Bali. I realize this has been covered a number of times in the past but the answers were not as relevant to my situation.

To start with I am a 25 year old from Australia - I hold a Bachelor Of Education (Primary) and a number of other education based qualifications (sport science minor/ health & PE etc). I have experience in teaching Primary Aged Children.

I am well aware of the Low Salary and will only need enough to live
Ideally I would like to set up a job before I go (2011)
Preferably in an integrated Curriculum school (ie not an Australian based Curric)

I would really like some advice from people who are teaching in Bali or who have been in a similar situation. Should I be going through a company like English First?
Should I be emailing private schools? Should I just rock up and go door knocking as such?

Thankyou in advance,
Daniel

sinaroo

Dec 17, 2010
regarding teaching in bali

ive taught here a number of years. I wouldnt go the 'teach English' route. If you have a credential and can teach elementary, middle, or upper school - google the schools (Bali International School, Australia International School, Canggu, Green School, Ghandi, SLK, etc) --- and send your information in directly.

If you want the 'best' school - and the very best salary/option (which means - you definitely need the credentials) - then go to tieonline dot com...register as a teacher - and sign up for one of the international teacher job fairs. Those fairs are for the seasoned overseas teachers -- REAL international schools (of which BIS, Bali Internat'l School, is the only one in Bali). My best advice is to do this. The fairs take place in January in Sydney, Bangkok, England and the states. If you are hired through the fair - you are ensured: housing, medical, r/t airfare for you and family home, etc. If you are NOT hired through the fair you dont get these things. The best fair is Search Associates or ISS (I think is the name - google). You'll send in your cv, recommendations, etc - they pre-approve, and then you pay for the fair. The fairs are not cheap. HOWever - when you look at the package you can get - it is MORE than worth it to go that route.

Best of luck!

tom

Sep 27, 2009
CA. USA
My time is spent on Lombokbut I was under the impression Bali had many international schools. Is the school you're referring to the only "accredited school"? Anyone out there. please open an internationalschool near Kuta Lombok. The only choices currently are; 1. public school or 2. sengigi/Mataram 1 1/2 hrs away. There are many kids in the area who could make use of it. More coming if Aussie development comes to fruition.