No Alcohol again?

Anton

Dec 27, 2008
Dash
Bought a bottle Bin 128 Penfolds at the Kori (not take away - that's acroos the bar) Poppies 2 on Friday night for about 500,000 RP - so again about 3 times 3 price.

Well dash you obviously like your wine if your willing to pay those prices,i love a good drop of red and i can understand the attraction good wine certainly is the drink of the gods :D

Nantiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Dasha

Aug 9, 2006
Mornington Peninsula Melbourne
Anton

It's more sort of when we brought the kids years ago, dinner was always .5 to 1.5 Mil depending on what and how much they drank. (grown kids i mean - not little ones). These days it's just me and the boss, or on this occasion on my own for biz, so I dont' get too concerned with the price of wine. I don't have any other self indulgence so i kinda reckon that ok. Back home it's the same these days we don't splurge on anything other than dinner. My wardrobe is very limited and don't have fancy car or house.... well maybe a good camera and lenses and biz class. But that's all. Very cheap. 8)

dash

calitobali

Jul 10, 2008
I jinxed myself with that last post, I went to my arak supplier on Saturday night and they were all out. Gonna go back tonight and see if they have restocked.

macantidur

Dec 4, 2008
@ the arak lovers above . . . we're all now aware that four foreigners have died from methanol poisoning after drinking local alcohol. One was a 48 year old woman artist from Arizona. Definitely gives a new meaning to the term "arak attack."

Hati hati.

calitobali

Jul 10, 2008
Read in the Bali Metro about the place that was producing the arak that killed them. It was actually a company and not just someone making it themselves from the kampung. Either way, I've switched to a more reputable brand for now. Gonna wait until my Balinese friends to start drinking the kampung arak again before I dare to do so as well.

calitobali

Jul 10, 2008
Yea, when i heard some older tourists died, it made me think, "I didn't know older tourists liked to drink kampung arak". When I read the article it made sense, although I have had that brand before at a friend's house.

bolli

Nov 28, 2005
Australia
Some of us are actually older than 20 calitobali but do surprisingly enough drink and eat local just like you youngsters. We can even walk to the shops unaided. :lol: