No Alcohol again?

sydneymike

Dec 5, 2008
Larger Antipode
Thanks Bert, Carrefour is empty of EVERYTHING. And I mean EVERYTHING, no wine, no Scotch, no Vodka, nada! Anyway, based on your input, I guess, therefore, that Hardy's in the South is probably stocked too, so I'll check that tomorrow and thanks for the help. In general, I don't use Hardy's because their prices tend to be 20% higher than Carrefour (more for wine) and then they want to add another 2% for using a Credit Card.

So much for this Carrefour monopoly?!!!

calitobali

Jul 10, 2008
I usually drink locally made arak that I buy from a warung up the street from my house. Rp 10,000 for an aqua bottle full. That never goes dry. Except sometimes at my house it goes dry, then it's back to the warung again.

Other than that I drink Bintang and haven't noticed a shortaage. I'm not a wine type of guy.

sydneymike

Dec 5, 2008
Larger Antipode
Mike maybe its time to get on the wagon

Hey Anton,

I am on the wagon most of the time, from 24 hours before going on duty (Legally, but I make it 48 hours as a personal choice) so don't begrudge me the occasional bottle of Red when I get away for a few days!!

Anton

Dec 27, 2008
so don't begrudge me the occasional bottle of Red when I get away for a few days!!

I must say i too like a nice red :) maybe you will have to bring your own to be sure to be sure !
Also enjoy a good european beer cold of course with some little savoury nibbles :p
And last but not least i do enjoy a nice whisky on ice :mrgreen:

As for the arak :shock: well my taste buds have somewhat changed from my early 20s when i would have drank anything that made me leggless :roll:

Now it has to be topshelf :mrgreen:

Nantiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

sydneymike

Dec 5, 2008
Larger Antipode
Got a few bottles on the weekend of the trusty Jacobs Creek Red Mike for 250,000RP in the bottleshop opposite Jimmy's bar in Sanur. Not the greatest drop but did the trick!

Thanks Dasha, don't know the place but will find it. I'm renting in Sanur whilst my place is being built out East.
Agreed JC is not the best but its fine. I'm not a great Martini lover but I do like a drop of Red.

What's the latest at the airport/customs? I'm back to Oz again tomorrow but will be back in 2 weeks. If I check in a case of Red at SYD, anyone know what is the current going rate for "Paying duty" in the back room at DPS?

Anton

Dec 27, 2008
Got a few bottles on the weekend of the trusty Jacobs Creek Red Mike for 250,000RP

Dash i hope that was'nt Rp250'000 per bottle ! :shock:
The last time i bought a bottle of Jacobs creek i think i only paid $8 ( Rp60'000 ) ! :mrgreen:

Nantiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Dasha

Aug 9, 2006
Mornington Peninsula Melbourne
Mike just try and spread around the luggage. Took in 4 bottles 2 weeks ago no probs. Did a bit of a reshuffle once i got off the carousel and had the trusty bottle i bought duty free at Tullamarine handy to put em off the scent. Seems to work these days. Got caught with 12 bottles a few trips back - didn't twig to the big red chalk mark on the suitcase. Comes off with a wet rag if you are onto it. Know better now. I had the 20 AUD note sitting there just in case and it did the trick in the back room. Big smile and good manners does wonders too.

Yep Anton 250 for 1 bottle. It's hurts... i know but you can do worse. Paid 750 for one in Central Java 10 days ago (that hurt). I can't eat dinner without it mate. Shocking isn't it :shock: If i could drink Bintang without getting a headache i would do that. Dunno what it is - i just can handle it anymore - I'm old :mrgreen:

Peter K

Nov 24, 2005
Canggu
Guess the authorities and/or the monopoly booze importer are at it again. We are approaching high tourist season. Guess everything will again be available at the end of June at 2X the current price...

Booze shop next to Bintang supermkt also empty.

Anton

Dec 27, 2008
Dash wrote
Yep Anton 250 for 1 bottle. It's hurts

Wow thats about $33 for the cheap stuff :shock: Wonder how much abottle of penfolds would be :?

Nantiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
don't know what the fuzz is about, overhere in the north plenty of booze. Singaraja both Hardy's stocked up, Lovina the German Bakery for the more special drinks, enough in stock.