New to forum; will be in Bali soon

G

Allan, if you are going to work in Bali the social budaya is not gonna be enough.. you will need to apply for the multi entry business visa or KITAS. check this link for more info: http://www.bali-expat-business.com/

Yes you're right. I didn't see any reference to work and broke my own rule and assumed that Cyrus wouldn't be working. I guess it's just that I find the idea of westerners moving to Bali and working somewhat incongruous. Not that it can't be done.

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
Hi Cyrus (the Great?)

What kind of work in Bali? If employed by an Indonesian company, no problem there: you can get a KITAS, which is renewable yearly with no problem.

By the way, Business visa, single or multy-entries do NOT allow you to work in Indonesia. Social visa (SOSBUD) either.

cyrus

Mar 20, 2007
Soon in Jimbaran
Many thanks all,

I'll be working for as a Director of an Indonesian company. Sounds like it's the KITAS visa I'll need.

Appreciate the comments on Jimbaran - I'll probably locate my office around there so transit will be less of an issue - but I do agree that the road from there to Denpasar is hectic.

Again - many thanks - I really can't wait to get over there.

Regards,

Cyrus

Dyah

Dec 29, 2005
Hamburg, Germany
www.ikat-agentur.com
Selamat datang- Welcome to the forum!
Since last year ...I live in Jimbaran, just for one month every year. This year I´ll be there on July-August. I´m 40 and in my neighbourhood in Jimbaran live Indonesian and expats together... old and young ...
I think Jimbaran good for me and my husband too, than we like some nice place with good acces to the city-life...

Regards, Dyah

DCC

May 27, 2006
Br Abangan, Tegallelang
Come and enjoy Cyrus and as for sage advice (particularly if your going to stay awhile) it may be best to rent short-term and feel it out. If you dig Jimbaran, great, if not, no biggie - most areas have people who love living there. Buying RE here is different matter and involves some serious considerations as it is a lot easier to buy than to sell.

iainsomers

Aug 3, 2006
Houten, The Netherlands
Re: RE: New to forum; will be in Bali soon

Ian

So you class 'old people' in the same category as 'busy traffic' perhaps? Nuisances to be avoided at all costs? I think you should reappraise your attitude before you move to Bali. In my experience, in Balinese society the older generation are accorded a lot of respect.

Jimbaran is 'not really Bali'? I think you will find that most people who live there would disagree with you. I think I know what you are getting at though, Jimbaran does not fit in with your idealised perception of the "Island of the Gods".

I was amused by your "I will move there in three years" however. The optimism of youth. I am 51 by the way, so you better not move next door to me, I might be too "old" for you.

Regards
Sam

Ok, let me clarify this. My main point vs Jimbaran is the hectic traffic wich you cannot avoid, wherever you wanna go (vs for example Changgu, where the heavy trafiic is only in the direction of Kuta/Denpasar.

I cerrtainly have nothing vs older people and one of the main advantages of balinese (or asian in genaral) society is the respect for the elderly.

Rereading my post I see now also that it was a little rude, exuses for that.

Furthermore I dont consider 51 old. I just have the feeling there is more "life" in the direction of kerobokan/changgu or ubud, regardless of the average age of people living there.

But as I said before: dont consider my opinion to high, cause I dont live there yet and just have been there a lot of times.

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
Cyrus

As a director to be of an Indonesian company it worries me that you have done no research om working in Indonesia. My advice to you is to use a professional visa company such as but not limited to Bali Ide.

I personally would be loathe to give such a directorship to someone who had not researched the visa situation throughly and if it is your own company you need to be even more astute.

Not having a go mate but you seem to be a little naive on the subject.

Manc

I am a manc from Manchester and my business is young :)

cyrus

Mar 20, 2007
Soon in Jimbaran
Thanks Manc,

Directorship is of a family business (in-laws) - you don't need to be concerned for myself. If I go to Bali and choose to sip tequilas and smoke cubans on the beach every day at the Conrad for the next 50 years, I can do so. Working is an option - but thanks again for your concern.

You are a bit of a feisty fellow. I guess you have some inadequacies / insecurities that make you an arse - or perhaps you're just another typical whining pom :)

Keep smiling,

Cyrus

cyrus

Mar 20, 2007
Soon in Jimbaran
Never really considered Kerobokan - actually don't know much about the area besides often driving through it on the way to and from Denpasar. What's good about it iainsomers?

FreoGirl

Dec 21, 2004
Fremantle, Australia
Hi Cryus

I hope you understand that an Indonesian 'company' appointing you 'director' is not a given that you will qualify for a working kitas. They do not make it easy to live and work in Indonesia, in-laws or not. There is also all sorts of stuff you need to know about tax and so on.

As you obviously don't know anything about the visa situation in Indonesia I would also recommend you go talk to someone like Bali IDE and explore your options. You could even give them a call before you get there. Dont rely on the Indonesian Embassy or Consulate either in Canada, and definately not here in Perth, for visa advice.

Cheers

Freo

manc in oz

Nov 29, 2006
Gold Coast Australia
Re: RE: New to forum; will be in Bali soon

cyrus said:
Thanks Manc,

Directorship is of a family business (in-laws) - you don't need to be concerned for myself. If I go to Bali and choose to sip tequilas and smoke cubans on the beach every day at the Conrad for the next 50 years, I can do so. Working is an option - but thanks again for your concern.

You are a bit of a feisty fellow. I guess you have some inadequacies / insecurities that make you an arse - or perhaps you're just another typical whining pom :)

Keep smiling,

Cyrus

cyrus, I think you should check the post you were answering to again. It was not from me. It was someone replying to you and me in the same post.

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
Cyrus

As inadequate and feisty, a whining pom and apparently..an arse I wish you well in your endevours and that you you get all you deserve... which with your complete lack of knowledge on the subject I am sure you will.

As an aside adding a smiley to an insult does not make it any less of an insult :)

Does it?

iainsomers

Aug 3, 2006
Houten, The Netherlands
The kerobokan-area is a favorite place for expats (together with ubud).

Nice restaurants (better quality on average, except for fish, then in Jimbaran), less traffic (but still quite alot), beautifull houses (like in Jimbaran). Just check it out I would say. Its a matter of taste, but for me it is very simple. Checking it out cost you half a day and I think you know then.

matahari

Mar 8, 2005
Oslo
Cyrus

I'll be working for as a Director of an Indonesian company. Sounds like it's the KITAS visa I'll need

Could that "indonesian company" you are going to Direct perhaps bee a small warung?? :wink:

I totaly agree with Jimbo.. you sound abit naive!! and to start your first thread with insulting other members on this forum will not get you far.

FreoGirl

Dec 21, 2004
Fremantle, Australia
Hi Cyryus

If your in-laws are organising your kitas they must have experience in organising the fairly tricky and expensive endevour of obtaining a kitas for a foreign employee, so I'm wondering why you bothered asking about visas here?

And then to insult a long and respected member of the forum?

Are you for real or a stirrer??

I wish you well in your endevours and that you you get all you deserve... which with your complete lack of knowledge on the subject I am sure you will.

Well said Jimbo.

Ipanema

Aug 19, 2004
FreoGirl

I have to agree. I did not read anything insulting in Jimbo's post. Cyrus asked for our advise and must realise this forum gives mainly straight answers. No 'pussy footing' around here.