Moving in May

harryopal

May 5, 2016
Kakek Bolis. "..... Call me a silly old fool. But thats just the way i am. ..."

Do you really want to be called that? I ask because as an Australian we would prefer to say "silly old bugger." But then... aren't we all?

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Hi, yes i have an Australia motor bike licence (49 years and riding for all those year) plus an Indonesian licence (Sim) Riding in Bali keeps you on your toes. Hehe Though Jkt and BBk is an experience riding around. Keeps the heart pumping. Hehe.

Actually i find buying a house easy part. Finding the house is the hard part. I like the areas of Sempidi, Mengwi, Dalung, Gianyar and Bangli (Apuan). My bank is my notaris and my old friend of 39 years Nyoman will have his name on the title and the house is his when i die.

What im trying to find now is where i can find good medical place. Want to have a PSA Test and get a good Urologist. I need 12 month check up to make sure the cancer is still at bay. I dont want to spend lots of money going back to Australia for this.
Ok Cheers Hope you had a nice Christmas.

Kakek Bolis
Concerning a good urologist could recommend one in S'pore as a patient. Understand the desire to manage funds, but with something that important it is smart to get quality.

Kakek Bolis

Apr 8, 2019
Concerning a good urologist could recommend one in S'pore as a patient. Understand the desire to manage funds, but with something that important it is smart to get quality.
Is it not expensive to go to Singapore. Flight, accommodation and the urologist. When I have my check up I normally have to do 3 days urine samples and one kidney scan then comes the cystoscopy at the clinic. Do you do the same? If so then i am interested in the cost and the urologist.
Cheers

Kakek Bolis

Apr 8, 2019
Kakek Bolis. "..... Call me a silly old fool. But thats just the way i am. ..."

Do you really want to be called that? I ask because as an Australian we would prefer to say "silly old bugger." But then... aren't we all?
Yea I guess silly old bugger is better. I'm also Australian.

Cheers

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Is it not expensive to go to Singapore. Flight, accommodation and the urologist. When I have my check up I normally have to do 3 days urine samples and one kidney scan then comes the cystoscopy at the clinic. Do you do the same? If so then i am interested in the cost and the urologist.
Cheers
You can check all your questions online and determine costs. The urologist is Dr. Ho Siew Hong at Mt. Elizabeth Hospital. His attention and follow up was better than anything I have experienced before. I used him for a hernia operation about 7 years ago after 5 previous exams missed locating it.
Good Luck

Kakek Bolis

Apr 8, 2019
You can check all your questions online and determine costs. The urologist is Dr. Ho Siew Hong at Mt. Elizabeth Hospital. His attention and follow up was better than anything I have experienced before. I used him for a hernia operation about 7 years ago after 5 previous exams missed locating it.
Good Luck
Thank you for the information. I have checked out the Dr. He looks like one of the top Dr in urology.

Has anyone had a PSA test done in Bali. Which is something every man over 50 years should have every year.
Thanks

harryopal

May 5, 2016
A cautionary note. Harvard Medical School published this note. "Although PSA testing can help catch prostate cancer at an early stage, having an elevated PSA (generally considered more than 4 ng/ml) doesn’t necessarily mean that a man has cancer. Noncancerous conditions, including benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), or an enlarged prostate, and prostatitis, can raise PSA levels. In fact, studies have shown that about 70% to 80% of men with an elevated PSA who have a biopsy do not have cancer. "

As a former contributor to an ABC health report program I was impressed by several emminent urologists who made the point that many men with indications of BHP who might well manage their condition are panicked into surgery which results in incontinence, impotence and depression. I have many friends who have gone down that path with awful results. Long periods of insertion of painful catheters and other painful and unhappy consequences.

Living in Townsville a local DJ was a great enthusiast for having an annual biopsy test. And the following week went for his test, returned home, haemmorraged and nearly bled to death. Biopsies are invasive tests and like all tests involve risk. Unless there is a specific medical reason to insist on such a test, personally I would leave that alone.

Making decisions about health involve individual, important choices and doubtless there are life saving surgeries given prostate cancer but by no means are all these surgeries successful without then follow up of rather unpleasant chemotherapy.

If a condition requires getting up many times at night to urinate there is a medication available in Indonesia called Tamsulosin that will help manage that.

So, I am not saying you should not get check ups but at least be aware that the financial rewards for doctors can easily lead to a rationalization that surgery is the best solution if there is any doubt after testing.

If you have read this far then you may find this article food for thought.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...7f66c0-42f9-11e2-8e70-e1993528222d_story.html

Reactions: mugwump and tel522

Kakek Bolis

Apr 8, 2019
A cautionary note. Harvard Medical School published this note. "Although PSA testing can help catch prostate cancer at an early stage, having an elevated PSA (generally considered more than 4 ng/ml) doesn’t necessarily mean that a man has cancer. Noncancerous conditions, including benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), or an enlarged prostate, and prostatitis, can raise PSA levels. In fact, studies have shown that about 70% to 80% of men with an elevated PSA who have a biopsy do not have cancer. "

As a former contributor to an ABC health report program I was impressed by several emminent urologists who made the point that many men with indications of BHP who might well manage their condition are panicked into surgery which results in incontinence, impotence and depression. I have many friends who have gone down that path with awful results. Long periods of insertion of painful catheters and other painful and unhappy consequences.

Living in Townsville a local DJ was a great enthusiast for having an annual biopsy test. And the following week went for his test, returned home, haemmorraged and nearly bled to death. Biopsies are invasive tests and like all tests involve risk. Unless there is a specific medical reason to insist on such a test, personally I would leave that alone.

Making decisions about health involve individual, important choices and doubtless there are life saving surgeries given prostate cancer but by no means are all these surgeries successful without then follow up of rather unpleasant chemotherapy.

If a condition requires getting up many times at night to urinate there is a medication available in Indonesia called Tamsulosin that will help manage that.

So, I am not saying you should not get check ups but at least be aware that the financial rewards for doctors can easily lead to a rationalization that surgery is the best solution if there is any doubt after testing.

If you have read this far then you may find this article food for thought.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...7f66c0-42f9-11e2-8e70-e1993528222d_story.html
Thanks Harry
I am aware that some doctors only look at the money. They may suggest unnecessary treatment.
That's life all around the world.
Even in Australia I had to demonstrate I was financial before I could start my treatment for cancer.
what Harvard has written is correct. But we have to start somewhere.

So back to my question do you or does anyone know where I can get PSA test done.

A copy of results will be emailed to my urologist in Australia.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Thanks Harry
I am aware that some doctors only look at the money. They may suggest unnecessary treatment.
That's life all around the world.
Even in Australia I had to demonstrate I was financial before I could start my treatment for cancer.
what Harvard has written is correct. But we have to start somewhere.

So back to my question do you or does anyone know where I can get PSA test done.

A copy of results will be emailed to my urologist in Australia.
Prodia an independent testing lab has numerous locations in Bali. I have been using them for a number of years for tests. They don't require a doctor's referral, and are very reasonable.

harryopal

May 5, 2016
Kakek Bolis So back to my question do you or does anyone know where I can get PSA test done.

Sorry, I have no personal experience here but I imagine if you were to contact any of the clinics or hospitals at this site they may advise you. However, I am sure it would be much more reassuring to have someone on this siter refer to a particular place. Good luck.

https://www.justdial.com/Cuttack/Urologist-Doctors-in-Bali/nct-10892687

Kakek Bolis

Apr 8, 2019
Prodia an independent testing lab has numerous locations in Bali. I have been using them for a number of years for tests. They don't require a doctor's referral, and are very reasonable.
Thank you. I have just looked at Prodia website. I will be visiting the Denpasar Branch this week.