davita

Mar 13, 2012
Today's (24 Oct 2013) Jakarta Post has a qtr page advert on page 10, from Jakarta Legal Advocates, saying they have been retained by a client 'Rafael Joory' in connection with some 28,000 sq mtrs of land at Soka Beach, in Tabanan, whose Hak Milik title is registered in the name of 'Terry Ananta Kusuma' as nominee.
The law firm say the property was purchased with funds originating from their client.
The advert warns all others to avoid engaging in any transactions with said land as it is an ongoing legal case with Bali Police/Courts and Hong Kong Court.

This has all the appearance of a nominee using the title to benefit himself and the result could have some consequences for all others who engage in the nominee principle of purchase in RI.

I ask all members who find any other information on this case to post on this thread so everyone can be better informed.....thank you.

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
I don't know anything about this case but I'm sure that the Indo government is taking a keen interest, because in the event that the an illegal nominee arrangement is adjudged to have been used, then the government gets the property, not the bonehead nominee. It would actually be useful to everyone using the nominee arrangement if the government steps in and takes the property in this case. Then, in future, nominees with an axe to grind would be much more limited in their ability to extort the 'owners' of the property as they would have nothing to gain (and indeed everything to lose) by a legal case.