leap year facts

RhysG

Oct 3, 2011
seminyak
www.lokalliving.com
Just thought i share some knowledge on leap year, sorry i may seem like a know it posting all these kinds of thing on here, but it only cuz im a nerd deep down inside and i love sharing my knowledge on thing hahah.:icon_e_geek:

One More Day—A Leap Year consists of 366 days in the year, as opposed to the usual 365 in a regular year because, there are about 365.25 days per year, not 365. The extra quarter of a day adds up, and without Leap Day, our calendar would be one day out of sync with the seasons. Add 30 years to that equation, and we’d be about a week off.

Four Ways to Know-There are a few criteria points to determine a leap year, namely that the year is evenly divisible by four,the year cannot be divided by 100, unless it can be divided by 400,and the Olympics are on.

Earth's Revolutions—The Leap Year was instituted to comply with the Earth's revolutions around the sun, and one revolution takes 365.242199 days. Adding the extra day every four years ensures that we will not lose six hours in our calendar year every year.

Julius Caesar—It was Julius Caesar who introduced the Leap Year to the Romans about 2,000 years ago, but there was only one rule: to have the year be divisible by four. It wasn't until 1,500 years later that that was corrected, when it was found that there were too many Leap Years.

Other Calendars—There are Leap Years in other calendars, although they are calculated differently. In the Jewish calendar, an additional month is added every four years, and it occurs seven times in a 19-year cycle. The Chinese calendar has an additional month every three years.

hope you all enjoyed :applause:

Ray51

Feb 4, 2012
I think most guys are in hiding on the 29th, at least those who have not been caught yet:)

stuart12

Jan 19, 2012
Yes perfect information about leap year. Thanks for sharing this nice detailed post here.