Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I question the universal need for laptops that everyone seems to have?

Spicy you already have a lappy for those uses when you are on the road but I suggest you get a powerful desktop at half the price of the same powered lappy.

Put a decent sized 4k tv on as monitor and you've covered all your bases for half the dosh.

And it can be upgraded later when needs must.

BestofBali

Nov 9, 2016
Kerobokan
I notice more graphic designers and web developers switching to Mac for their performance. Down side is the price and the MacBook laptops do not have a built in CD/DVD drive which means you would need to purchase an external CD/DVD drive (more $$) look for any windows 10 laptop with a core i7 processor, 8gb or ram and at least 1tb hard drive should do you the trick.

If you are travelling abroad soon you can generally get them cheaper in other countries like Australia and claim VAT back at the airport before you leave :)

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
You guys are far more techie knowledgable than myself. What I can tell you concerning durability is that I used to average about one lap top per year here in a very corrosive environment in West Bali, and have had a Mac Air for 2 and a half years.
Undoubtedly have now jinxed it, and it will crap out!

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
The new macbook pro is pretty cool but a bit pricey. Also have a macbook air from 2011 that works just fine.