Indosat 3.5g 3.6 Mbps???

DCC

May 27, 2006
Br Abangan, Tegallelang
I'm use 'not so' speedy which is slooooooow in the afternoons like NOW. It approximated a 1hr 40min downlown time for the 5 meg audio file - like watching grass grow :)

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
12 sec to open the link and 11 minutes to download the file. Our service is rated as 128Kbits - so should be able to download at 12.8 K bytes/sec - but was reporting mostly about 7 or 8 K bytes/sec

spitfire

May 7, 2005
Jimbaran
As we seem to establish some sort of internet speed tests now, it would help to mention your provider and internet connection as well.

Sanurian

Sep 28, 2004
Sanur
I couldn't help myself. Just had to download and time megabeast's file.

4pm in Sanur (not the best time), using Telkom Speedy.

Download took 3' 40"
Maximum Transfer Rate: 355.6 kbs
Average Transfer Rate: 202.6 kbs

I might have to go and listen to what I downloaded...
Sounds OK - Elliot Smith, huh?

:roll:

jegbali

Sep 5, 2007
bali
3g with telkomflash

Hi all,

I usually use speedy wich is sometimes slow (like today). I tried connection with telkomsel 3 G. I didnt need to register first cause you can connect and pay as you go (350 rp-/minuts, but they have also "pakets"). I just plug my handphone (nokia N 73) to my computer and connect. I did a speed test and the result was 291 kbits/s (faster than speedy today). I dont know if my handphone support 3,5 G or if i'm in a 3,5 G zone. I test at home, in Umalas, between seminyak and Kerobokan (3G coverage from Telkomsel is just new here : few days ago). Any one have experience with 3G telkomsel ?

nomad4ever

Jan 2, 2007
Bali
Does Telkomsel have a volume discount as well? Let's say for 1 GB, 2 GB or 4 GB?

XL 3G is sooooo crawling slow the last 2 days, even with 4 or 5 bars signal strength I get only a few byte per second. Not even enough to download mails with attachment.

Wonder if we advertised it too much...too many users now for same network capacity? ;-)

nomad4ever

Jan 2, 2007
Bali
Just an addition: found the Telkomsel Flash Pricing structure @ this blog:

http://alisanta.wordpress.com/2007/04/0 ... kom-flash/

It's basically time-based compared to XL's volume-based 3G service.

If the blogger is right and all those published prices are not 50% only, it's nevertheless not unattractive. Although I'd prefer volume tariffs.

Maybe as an alternative not too bad...just change the SIM card and off you go, in case XL is down again or you just want to check your mails.....will probably give it a try sometime over the next couple of days...