Indo Stock Market

BaliLife

Mar 27, 2007
A question guys, if you don't mind sharing, who here has a clothes dryer in their place? (for those on the forum in indo I mean) or do you just "hang out your clothes" to dry? Or do you have neither and just use a cleaning service?

Cheers,

Ct

Nakal

Nov 9, 2006
Anywhere
BaliLife said:
A question guys, if you don't mind sharing, who here has a clothes dryer in their place? (for those on the forum in indo I mean) or do you just "hang out your clothes" to dry? Or do you have neither and just use a cleaning service?

Cheers,

Ct

Back on topic.... ? LOL
How did this thread turn from Indo Stock Market into CT hanging his clothes out to dry?

Nakal.

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
We had a clothes dryer in our old house which was too small to hang out clothes every day without looking really tacky. Now we air dry…but everything is ironed to make sure all bacteria is eliminated. Cheers!

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
Not quite sure where you get a beer even in a supermarket for 30p a pint but if you can it must be pretty foul.

As for the cost of living thing as I said it is a rule of thumb that works for me. If it does not work for you you ...fine do not use it. I am hardly going to to do an economic study to prove it you.

SG

Apr 17, 2007
Sanur, Bali
ronb said:
SG said:
If you want ugly local beers, try Bali Hai or Anker. Truly awful.

Well as others have said - tastes are subjective. I like them all, particularly BaliHai Draught - and dunno how you can say truly awful. Wouldn't it be boring to only have one label you can enjoy?

Each to their own Ron. I have to say I've only tried each of those a couple of times and both times swore never to again but it's a matter of taste as you say. You can, however, now get Indonesian brewed Heineken (made by Bintang, which is owned by the Dutch company..hence their need to change their label a couple of years back as before that it was just a red version of the old Heineken label). It pretty good IMO and usually about the same price as Bintang now.

The other local is Storm but, as much as I'm a fan of boutique beers, I can't say any of it's varieties work for me.

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
Heiniken is sold in Nigeria under the name Star beer and similar in other parts of the world obviously based on their logo. Now they are selling Heiniken in Indonesia under its original brand name and brewed no doubt in the same places as Bintang.????

Someone is having a laugh and if folks buy Heiniken in Indonesia at a premium price one of those laughing will be me :D

SG

Apr 17, 2007
Sanur, Bali
Jimbo said:
Heiniken is sold in Nigeria under the name Star beer and similar in other parts of the world obviously based on their logo. Now they are selling Heiniken in Indonesia under its original brand name and brewed no doubt in the same places as Bintang.????

Someone is having a laugh and if folks buy Heiniken in Indonesia at a premium price one of those laughing will be me :D

Bintang is owned by Heineken and brewed in the same brewery but it tastes quite different o Bintang (and around here is about Rp1000 a bottle more so it ain't a premium price..much cheaper than it is in Singapore or Malaysia). I like the draft variety which you can get by the jug down on Sanur beach for a pretty good price.

Some places of course still screw the tourist by wacking a margin on it as an 'import'.

chilli

Apr 24, 2008
BaliLife said:

Cheers,

Ct
Forget the cloths dryer,
Quick! Go here: http://cgi.ebay.it/Asse-da-stiro-attiva ... 286.c0.m14

and if you are fast enough, you can Buy It Now! on eBay.it for only EUR 1.122,24 and begin ironing away for all of your family, everyone will love ironing all their clothes, all day, all night, anywhere , right in the comfort of your own home!!! :wink: