Import motor scooter

Thaiman

May 15, 2014
Will the Indo authorities allow me to bring my 3 wheeled motor scooter to Bali , thai registered, when I move there? (Dont bother replying Markit as i dont read your stuff)

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Cannot help with the importation issue...I think everything will depend on what visa you plan to stay in Indonesia.
I looked at most of these 3-wheeled scooters on U-tube and I'd advise you research if those are suitable for use in Bali. There aren't any decent pavements and, if there are, motorcycles are parked on them such you wouldn't have any room to maneuver a 3 wheeler.

Thaiman

May 15, 2014
Cannot help with the importation issue...I think everything will depend on what visa you plan to stay in Indonesia.
I looked at most of these 3-wheeled scooters on U-tube and I'd advise you research if those are suitable for use in Bali. There aren't any decent pavements and, if there are, motorcycles are parked on them such you wouldn't have any room to maneuver a 3 wheeler.
I have traveled around Kuta, up to Seminyak several times on my travelscoot. If no foot path, I use the road.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
OK! good... you are a braver man than me!
I'm shit-scared of those rev-up motor bikes even as I sit behind our driver in our Avanza....sipping Hatten Rosé.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Will the Indo authorities allow me to bring my 3 wheeled motor scooter to Bali , thai registered, when I move there? (Dont bother replying Markit as i dont read your stuff)

Hell yeah! Fecking excellent idea! Why didn't the rest of us think to import our cars/planes/motorbikes when we came? Guess Mensa will miss you Thaiman when you fall of your 3 wheeler into the oncoming 4 way traffic going down the 2 lane highways here in the slow zones.

Of course you probably won't be able to afford any petrol for the thing when the immi charge you %200 import duty on your Thai registered bike so prob solved. ;)

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I'm confused. Why does your travelscoot need to be registered. I understood them to be electric and foldable and used by people with some immobility and therefore more like the electric bikes I showed on the other thread. Those don't need any registration as such.
If on a permanent resident visa maybe they'll be looking at a customs tax but if on a tourist visa (VOA/temp visit) I'd think no problem.
Lots of tourists arrive by air with wheel chairs, usually foldable, and use them directly after arrival...doesn't your travelscoot do the same?
I'd think it more an issue with the airline than with the vehicle import and registration people.

Thaiman

May 15, 2014
I'm confused. Why does your travelscoot need to be registered. I understood them to be electric and foldable and used by people with some immobility and therefore more like the electric bikes I showed on the other thread. Those don't need any registration as such.
If on a permanent resident visa maybe they'll be looking at a customs tax but if on a tourist visa (VOA/temp visit) I'd think no problem.
Lots of tourists arrive by air with wheel chairs, usually foldable, and use them directly after arrival...doesn't your travelscoot do the same?
I'd think it more an issue with the airline than with the vehicle import and registration people.
A little confusion. I own a 3 wheeled motor bike and a powered mobility device, no ins. Required for that. As for airlines and lithium batteries for PMD, too long to explain , google it for each airlines regulations. In Bali now, gouged my arm on a motor bike parked on footpath yesterday while riding my PMD. But, it's either that or don't go anywhere. ( I now expect the Markshit idiot to make a comment,but as I never read his ravings, he can go for ir)

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Oh! I see...it has an engine....then likely will need to be registered with the Motor Vehicle Dept. I knew a French guy had one of those stunning 3 wheel Italian motor bikes in Bali and I thought I'd like one until I found they were as expensive as a car...I think it was one of these Piaggios...
http://www.piaggio.com/mp3/en_EN/

Thaiman

May 15, 2014
Oh! I see...it has an engine....then likely will need to be registered with the Motor Vehicle Dept. I knew a French guy had one of those stunning 3 wheel Italian motor bikes in Bali and I thought I'd like one until I found they were as expensive as a car...I think it was one of these Piaggios...
http://www.piaggio.com/mp3/en_EN/
Mine is a Honda Wave, converted in Thailand. $4800.00 AU. If you want to buy it and get it to Bali, all yours for $3000.00. Done 850 k.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Thanks....but I haven't driven a motorbike since I was around 20 and now I'm over 80 it seems a bit too late to learn...but I can dream. My brother in law has such a dream...he wears all Harley Davidson gear....helmet, scarf, boots, gloves, jacket with Harley embossed on the back....and he drives a Vespa.

Thaiman

May 15, 2014
Thanks....but I haven't driven a motorbike since I was around 20 and now I'm over 80 it seems a bit too late to learn...but I can dream. My brother in law has such a dream...he wears all Harley Davidson gear....helmet, scarf, boots, gloves, jacket with Harley embossed on the back....and he drives a Vespa.
Was he dropped on his head as a child? His name wouldn't be Markshit by any chance would it?

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Was he dropped on his head as a child? His name wouldn't be Markshit by any chance would it?
Close...my B-in-L was a national champion boxer...so I'm sure he must have taken a few to the head in his time.
Markit has written a few stories of his travels on a Yamaha Nmax scooter...I've seen a few of those bikes around and thought they looked better than a Harley or a Vespa......but what do I know...hehehe!

Last edited:

Thaiman

May 15, 2014
Close...my B-in-L was a national champion boxer...so I'm sure he must have taken a few to the head in his time.
Markit has written a few stories of his travels on a Yamaha Smax scooter...I've seen a few of those bikes around and thought they looked better than a Harley or a Vespa......but what do I know...hehehe!
Don't believe anything Markshit posts. He's Schizoids. Sometime he posts like a normal person, next,I be.ieve he is off his meds and doesn't realise what he is posting. I feel sorry for him, as the saying goes,"there , but for the grace of god, go I."

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Don't believe anything Markshit posts. He's Schizoids. Sometime he posts like a normal person, next,I be.ieve he is off his meds and doesn't realise what he is posting. I feel sorry for him, as the saying goes,"there , but for the grace of god, go I."

I recognize your "style" you've been here and banned before!