Ikan Hiu (Shark) close to Macdonalds on turnoff for Udayana

BaliLife

Mar 27, 2007
as you turn off the bypass to head towards universitas udayana, maconalds is on your right, theres a place on the left that does / specializes in shark.. it is awesome and great value.. a wildish looking dude with long hair (an indo-harley type) owns it, he's super nice.. the food is fantastic... 5 people each with a meal, plus 2 huge es campurs was like Rp63,000.. give it a shot if u like shark..

ct

balimudder

Feb 27, 2007
Jimbaran
RE: Ikan Hiu (Shark) close to Macdonalds on turnoff for Uday

About how far down the boulevard? Never tried ikan hiu, might be something I really like. What else does he serve?

iainsomers

Aug 3, 2006
Houten, The Netherlands

I dont know the restaurant or what sort of shark or shark-dishes they serve. Just would like to comment that some shark-dishes and eating some sharks-species are not very ethical or nature-loving.

BaliLife

Mar 27, 2007

Its only like 50 meters down the blvd on your left.. Yellow in colour I think, but u can't miss it on ur left, u'll see the signs for ikan hiu.. They're not serving any type of shark fin, so I'm not sure about it being unethical.. Shark is widely consumed in australia at most fish and chips shops.. I take issue with the killing of sharks just for fins, but these are school sharks and the entire thing is eaten just like any other fish..

Ct

BaliLife

Mar 27, 2007

Oh, they also serve other typocal indo stuff like nasi goreng, mi goreng, and other stuff..

Ct

FreoGirl

Dec 21, 2004
Fremantle, Australia

Shark in Australia (like other large fish) can be very high in mercury. But I do love a good piece of shark ...

FreoGirl

Dec 21, 2004
Fremantle, Australia

Yeah the Japanese eat more than endangered shark species, all those whales killed for "research", including endangered species.

nomad4ever

Jan 2, 2007
Bali

Anyone know where to get Barbecued Stingray in Bali?

Miss that a bit from Singapore's Lau Pa Sat, Newton or East Coast Park Foodcenter......

*sigh*

Dasha

Aug 9, 2006
Mornington Peninsula Melbourne

I don't eat sharks. Cos I worry that when I'm out in the surf their mates might get me and eat me too. Dunno about stingray nomad.. maybe Steve Irwin had one or two for lunch that day.

DCC

May 27, 2006
Br Abangan, Tegallelang

Talk Talk fans unite!

Ian - The over fishing of sharks is due to a number of factors and shark fin soup being a biggie. Those fins are fished for anywhere they can be taken as Aussies know from the fin pirates operating in their waters.

I'm not saying what's ethical and I face the same dilemma when using tropical hardwoods in my buildings.

nomad4ever

Jan 2, 2007
Bali

Oops, didn't subscribe to the thread, therefore only answering now.

Dasha, DCC yep, you are right about Talk Talk. That's were I 'stole' it from. Unfortunately not sooo unique as I wanted it for SEO reasons.

Too late...

So what about barbecued Stingray, anyone knows any sources on Bali??? ;-)

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali

Maybe when all the fish finally run out we can eat the Japanese :idea: they should taste quite "fishy" by then :?

BaliLife

Mar 27, 2007

i think italians would taste the best.. kind of like wel marinated steak..

ct

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali

The question "do you fancy an Italian, Indian or Japanese tonight, dear" will take on a whole new meaning, particularly for those groups.

Good that no one likes English food. :lol:

alex margou

Jul 20, 2013
Just would like to comment that some shark-dishes and eating some sharks-species are not very ethical or nature-loving.

??? Don't understand ???

Please help me - which of these are, or are not, "ethical" and/or "nature loving":

Killing and eating a shark.
Killing and eating a tuna.
Killing and eating a salmon.
Killing and eating a herring.
Killing and eating a chicken.
Killing and eating a sheep.
Killing and eating a pig.
Killing and eating a cow.
Killing and eating a horse.
Killing and eating a deer.

How does killing and eating a certain animal make you a "nature lover"? But killing and eating a shark is "not ethical"?

I'm not a vegetarian, but I can understand the argument that it is wrong to kill and eat animals, any animal, all animals.

But I fail to see how it is OK with nature and ethics to kill and eat animals A, B and C, but, at the same time anti-nature and unethical to kill and eat animals D, E and F!

Time for a sarnie! Where's that tin of tuna-friendly dolphin meat?