How to Get Them Going?

Shadrach

Feb 20, 2021
Yes, but who wants to go back like we lived 200 years ago ?
I don't think anyone wants to go back 200 years, for a better way, but We all could use products made with integrity that last much longer, being reusable many times! There many bright minds out there, that could come up with ideas, how to make take old ideas, and combine them with new ideas, to make everything function more environmentally safe! It is our obligation for future generations to keep the waters, air, food, etc. safe and clean to be enjoyed forever!

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Ok, my bad for going off topic before and basically after I wrote it all down I also decided my old friends should just quietly feck off and die.

BUT following the hijacked thread with interest I can confidently say: EVERYTHING WILL BE JUST FINE!

Because we are on or around Peak-People now or soon to be in this (some say decade) century.

This demographic catastrophe should resolve all the problems previously mentioned.
1) falling population will concentrate all corporate attention on selling fewer goods to fewer people and trying to maintain an economic balance and pay the shareholders off. Revolving doors hiring and corporate bribery will have no effect on the dropping populations of sheep (consumers).

2) AI will achieve super intelligence within the next 4 to 6 years and slowly or quickly take over the reins of government, production and supply. Look for Guaranteed Universal Incomes (GUI) around the world to supplant the mass loss of jobs (in production and white collar first) through automation. AI will see (as do all non-civil servants) immediately that pollution is an horrendous waste of time, ecology and money.

3) With loads of free time on their hands our children/grandchildren will realize (as many already do) what a waste of time working for a boss is and the freedom of GUI will allow them to seek true happiness in endeavors of the mind and body more usual in Ubud than Detroit. The rest of us can chase small, beautiful brown women, go fishing, learn the bosa nova, drink Bintang all or hunt any other freedom called "retirement" now.

Who knows, us crusty, old men may well be the Gurus (followed by millions, if not billions) or "influencers" of the near future on how to spend all those countless free hours, days, months, years with pleasure. So keep up the good work.

Cheers!

Balifrog

Dec 30, 2017
The rest of us can chase small, beautiful brown women, go fishing, learn the bosa nova, drink Bintang all or hunt any other freedom called "retirement" now.
Exactly my plan ! And no plastic bag on my "tool" ! Save the nature all the way !

Reactions: Shadrach

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Exactly my plan ! And no plastic bag on my "tool" ! Save the nature all the way !
Thanks! that's a picture I won't get out of my head soon.

You're assuming something else will carry you off before the STDs will? A recent study showed that in America the most new STD infections were .... in Florida.

Balifrog

Dec 30, 2017
Thanks! that's a picture I won't get out of my head soon.

You're assuming something else will carry you off before the STDs will? A recent study showed that in America the most new STD infections were .... in Florida.
Before the Covigedon madness, I remember the HIV mania in the 90's.
Like if you were kissing a girl in a dancing you would fall dead the next day....
Absolute madness !
And God knows I have been playing around in "risky" places. Haiti or Guinea Conakry among others.
Yep, something will get me one day, but at least I had fun and my life was a great ride !

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Before the Covigedon madness, I remember the HIV mania in the 90's.
Like if you were kissing a girl in a dancing you would fall dead the next day....
Absolute madness !
And God knows I have been playing around in "risky" places. Haiti or Guinea Conakry among others.
Yep, something will get me one day, but at least I had fun and my life was a great ride !
a great attitude! Never understood all the sheep that played it safe and did all the right things. Almost like they were in training for something or someone was keeping score.

As Hunter is reported to have said:

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”​

Reactions: gtrken and Balifrog

Balifrog

Dec 30, 2017
A
a great attitude! Never understood all the sheep that played it safe and did all the right things. Almost like they were in training for something or someone was keeping score.

As Hunter is reported to have said:

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”​

Absolutely agreed !

I had a Chinese doctor once telling me that smoking is not good, drinking is not good, womanising is not good, etc.... and ended saying "you will live longer"
To what my mate answered him "you won't live longer but it will be so boring that it seems longer !"

Reactions: Shadrach

gtrken

Nov 4, 2007
Perth W Australia
A

Absolutely agreed !

I had a Chinese doctor once telling me that smoking is not good, drinking is not good, womanising is not good, etc.... and ended saying "you will live longer"
To what my mate answered him "you won't live longer but it will be so boring that it seems longer !"
Or the guy goes to the Aussie doctor and says
" Doc, I need to shape up so I plan to be in bed early, refrain from smoking and drinking alcohol and certainly stay away from loose women so I can lead a longer life"

The Doc looks at him and says
" Why bother"?

berrisonkaden

Apr 20, 2024
Ok, my bad for going off topic before and basically after I wrote it all down I also decided my old friends should just quietly feck off and die.

BUT following the hijacked thread with interest I can confidently say: EVERYTHING WILL BE JUST FINE!

Because we are on or around Peak-People now or soon to be in this (some say decade) century.

This demographic catastrophe should resolve all the problems previously mentioned.
1) falling population will concentrate all corporate attention on selling fewer goods to fewer people and trying to maintain an economic balance and pay the shareholders off. Revolving doors hiring and corporate bribery will have no effect on the dropping populations of sheep (consumers).

2) AI will achieve super intelligence within the next 4 to 6 years and slowly or quickly take over the reins of government, production and supply. Look for Guaranteed Universal Incomes (GUI) around the world to supplant the mass loss of jobs (in production and white collar first) through automation. AI will see (as do all non-civil servants) immediately that pollution is an horrendous waste of time, ecology and money.

3) With loads of free time on their hands our children/grandchildren will realize (as many already do) what a waste of time working for a boss is and the freedom of GUI will allow them to seek true happiness in endeavors of the mind and body more usual in Ubud than Detroit. The rest of us can chase small, beautiful brown women, go fishing, learn the bosa nova, drink Bintang all or hunt any other freedom called "retirement" now.

Who knows, us crusty, old men may well be the Gurus (followed by millions, if not billions) or "influencers" of the near future on how to spend all those countless free hours, days, months, years with pleasure. So keep up the good work for roof.

Cheers!
Getting your gutters going, whether for the first time or after repairs or replacement, involves a systematic approach to ensure they function effectively in diverting rainwater away from your home. The process starts with a thorough inspection of the entire gutter system. Look for any signs of wear and tear, such as cracks, holes, rust spots, or loose sections. Ensure the gutters are securely attached to the fascia boards, and the downspouts are properly connected. Cleaning the gutters is the next crucial step; remove all debris, such as leaves, twigs, and dirt, that may have accumulated. This can be done manually with a gutter scoop or by using a high-pressure hose to flush out hard-to-reach areas.

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
Getting your gutters going, whether for the first time or after repairs or replacement, involves a systematic approach to ensure they function effectively in diverting rainwater away from your home. The process starts with a thorough inspection of the entire gutter system. Look for any signs of wear and tear, such as cracks, holes, rust spots, or loose sections. Ensure the gutters are securely attached to the fascia boards, and the downspouts are properly connected. Cleaning the gutters is the next crucial step; remove all debris, such as leaves, twigs, and dirt, that may have accumulated. This can be done manually with a gutter scoop or by using a high-pressure hose to flush out hard-to-reach areas.
Talk about a non-sequitur! Looks like we have another chat bot :rolleyes:

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Is "getting the gutters cleaned" some sort of metaphor for a new medical treatment that President Joe is shilling for? Something to unclog those arteries and shake out the cobwebs from the brain?