How much should I pay

fisherman

Jan 26, 2006
australia
Need some one to look after garden and general cleaning, no cooking ,no laundry we send to local laundry.Live out.What should we pay?Thanks for fishing tips , will try and catch the big one.The missus reckons it will be quicker and cheaper to buy at market.She has no soul.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Do you need someone in Bali to look after your Balinese garden?

Assuming you do - I pay my guy 700,000/month and he gets all of the coconuts from 40 trees if he keeps em clean.

You will hear some bad stories here about gardeners - I can't add to them or agree with them .... yet.

fisherman

Jan 26, 2006
australia
Thanks for reply.The bloke we have been using wants pay rise so missus said check with your mates on bali expat.Dont want to rip anyone off.He only works full time for about 6 weeks per year when we are here.The missus insists on making our bed, doing dishes etc.We also pay bonus whenever we are here plus if we have any relatives from oz with us, we tell them to give him tip of about 600,000 rp.Pay school for his only child at home, provide new clothes and 3 towels every year plus, plus. currently paying 1million per month,he wants increase because dollar is high.Dont think he will want decrease when dollar drops.Missus keeps muttering to her self,wants to just get agency in.Mate its hard.She found out yesterday that my gate key has been given to our Indo partner that we used to buy house, now she wants security padlock with keys that can't be copied. Going fishing again today will be quieter. Only caught rubbish fish yesterday, threw them back.

hafri

Sep 25, 2009
Hi fisherman. You pay enough already. Normal salary in a bar/restaurant is 1 mill. a good chef maybee 1,5 mill (at least in kuta). Gardener from 500 and up... + some gifts as food sometimes. All ends up with what relationship you have with this gardener.

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
I thought there is a new "minimum wage" about to come into effect in Bali. Something like Rp750,000/month.

I doubt that it will be "enforced", but given the constantly rising cost of living, it probably should be.

Nath

Jul 9, 2008
It's human nature to want more! We all do. But I believe what you are currently paying him is more than enough, especially considering you are hardy ever there at the house and when you are he receives extra tips anyway.

Depends I guess on how much you value his work and the relationship you have with him.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Buddy it sounds like you should be checking what the gardener and your missus are up to when you go fishing.

Ever read Lady Chatterly?

With all the stuff he's getting I'd like to apply for the job :lol:

fisherman

Jan 26, 2006
australia
Mate you haven't seen the missus.The gardener is no oil painting either.She is a good woman would give you the shirt off her back.While I am on the subject she keeps picking up stray cats and having them neutered plus spends a fortune on cat food.She knows I'm allergic to cats so perhaps method in her madness.Must be careful not to sign insurance policy in my sleep.No fishing today, was dragged kicking and screaming to Carrefours , 4 hours later , she only bought paper serviettes.WHY.Evidently shopping is an artform,I dont know about that , if it was an olympic sport I deseve the medal for keeping my trap shut. :?

bolli

Nov 28, 2005
Australia
I dunno, if you show the same affection for her in person as you do on a forum, I would hope she's looking elsewhere. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :roll:

fisherman

Jan 26, 2006
australia
Its the aussie way, how we talk about the wives, when you have good one you dont want others interested.Wedding anniversary next month 37years.And they said it wouldn't last.Going fishing near M onkey Forest today.The missus is sketching for painting that she wants to do. :oops:

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
Sorry Markit, I just got to this string (topic) and had missed your comments.

Buddy it sounds like you should be checking what the gardener and your missus are up to when you go fishing.

Ever read Lady Chatterly?

With all the stuff he's getting I'd like to apply for the job

Excellent. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When your house is completed, you'll have lots of free time on your hands. Have you ever considered stand-up comic, in those fancy 4 bintang hotel in the South: you'll make a fortune...Not exactly part of the native folklore, but what the hell...