Honest Bintang supermarket staff

SamD

Sep 7, 2006
Seminyak
Shopping on New Year's eve and had just been to tbe ATM. I pulled my phone out of my wallet to get a translation for flour so I could ask somebody where it was. When I got to the checkout I realised I had lost 1.5million and guessed it had fallen out when I got my phone. I went back into the store to look but couldn't find it. So I paid for my stuff and resigned myself to my loss due to my own stupidity. However when walking out a staff member came up to me and asked if I had lost some money. I told him how much and he handed it over. He didnt want a reward but I insisted.

So a reminder for me of the goodness of people and a positive end to 2019.

Foamcrest

Jun 11, 2016
Same thing happened to me. I left my wallet with $200 australian behind in a bar in Ubud. A young guy chased me down the street and handed it to me intact. He refused a reward so the next day I left an envelope with his name and $20 in it at the bar. I walked past a few days later we gave each other the thumbs up as I walked past.
There are nice people in this world.

SamD

Sep 7, 2006
Seminyak
Jeez I'm gonna start shadowing old, white men. Sounds like you guys are shedding money like dandruff.
I'll keep an eye out for you. I only lose money out of my wallet maybe three or four times a week. You think you will be able to bend down to pick it up without dislocating your artificial hip?

Reactions: Markit

SamD

Sep 7, 2006
Seminyak
Never mind karma. Where am I going to get my groceries now? For me it's a big problem not having a car or bike. Bintang supermarket was 5minutes walk from my place. It was one of the reasons I leased my place. Oh well, just have to reorganise and adapt.

Kakek Bolis

Apr 8, 2019
Never mind karma. Where am I going to get my groceries now? For me it's a big problem not having a car or bike. Bintang supermarket was 5minutes walk from my place. It was one of the reasons I leased my place. Oh well, just have to reorganise and adapt.
Hi Sam
Not to far from you on Sunset road, is Grand Lucky. It's cheaper than the old bintang supermarket. (Sad lost for all the staff). Grand Lucky is more of a food supermarket.
Cheers
Kakek Bolis

Reactions: tel522

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
Grand lucky is pretty cool, though Terra Dewata and Hardys are my top two preferences

Kakek Bolis

Apr 8, 2019
Grand lucky is pretty cool, though Terra Dewata and Hardys are my top two preferences
Yes I agree have been to both. but it's a bit far for Sam in Legian with no transportation.
I'm am lucky I have local market in Jln Nakula 150m from me so I dont need to go to the supermarket often.
Sam
Maybe you should look at the local market in jln Nakula. Veggies and chicken are very very cheap. The local market is close to your location.
Cheers

SamD

Sep 7, 2006
Seminyak
My situation prompted me to take some scooter lessons. I'm not a stranger to two wheels having cycled 10,000k around Australia. But I'm not legal so have to sort that out. If it works out I even know what bike I want having sat on many different Grab bikes.
Thanks for your tips. I have already checked out Grandlucky and Nakula.
Cheers

SamD

Sep 7, 2006
Seminyak
Bintang Supermarket has set up a temporary store in the carpark starting today. I said it would take them 6 weeks to get something set up but I underestimated a bit.