Hmmmmmm?

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
If we can all recall (and frankly am too lazy to search), but we were all (at least some) excited about the latest information about a new airport in north Bali (Buleleng) a couple months ago. Since then a resounding silence has occurred!
A proving point would be that the Republic of Indonesia was to represented on 1 August by President Joko in Kubu area of the new airport to lay the first stone and thus commemorate the initial task of this great event. Gee! time lingers, but this inaugural event will be soon upon us..........or will it?

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
Prastika already helped his homies in the north to successfully raise the land prices! We gonna build it here....some months later....oh wait....now we build it there.....or? Perhaps better....?

There will be no airport in the north IF the indonesian government expects investors to pay for it...and they do

lush4111

Jul 28, 2015
If they ever do this, does anybody think they will run flights from north to south Bali? Or is that a stupid question? I don't know how short a distance is too short to run a commercial flight.

It can take so long to drive it that I wonder whether it is something that will save a heap of time for those that can afford it.

Answers and ridicule welcome o_O

DenpasarHouse

Aug 13, 2013
If they ever do this, does anybody think they will run flights from north to south Bali?

That's a good question and I hope someone else can chime in with a more definite answer than me.

IMHO there definitely will be daily flights available but whether they are affordable or not is the question. Bali attracts enough tourists who aren't price concious to support such a service, but if they ever get a decent road to connect to South Bali it might never be a cheaper option than just driving.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I read somewhere that President Widodo's trip was cancelled...cannot find where I read but will keep looking.
I'm sure a helicopter connector makes some sense for the well-heeled. There is a helicopter service set-up on Serangan to go to the Gili's so I'm sure it would be simple to expand from Ngurah Rai to the North coast..
Otherwise, a shuttle-bus service would be an alternative...just like Gatwick and Heathrow are connected.

wepro

Nov 8, 2005
Canggu
Mugwump said:

"A proving point would be that the Republic of Indonesia was to represented on 1 August by President Joko in Kubu area of the new airport to lay the first stone and thus......."

Maybe they changed now the date: 1. April............??

Werner

Reactions: sakumabali

chrisco

Nov 28, 2010
There has been a steady stream about this in the Indonesian media... thought it said that the ground breaking ceremony was to be on 28th August. This seems to be more about providing confidence to prospective investors as the location stills has not been confirmed by the Indonesian government.

Most recent news I saw said that a decision by the Indo govt would be made at the end of this year following the expansion of Ngurah Rai, that there were will still two locations being considered for the airport and that it was not yet a done deal that a second airport would be approved.

Has anyone had a chance to look at the Airport Kinesis Consulting website? This is one of the main groups that is supposedly behind the $3 billion airport proposal at Kubutambahan. The site is poorly presented, lots of spelling mistakes. Something doesn't seem quite right!

hadodi

Nov 8, 2013
NE Bali
Another stupid not thought through idea. How will tourists or expats know how to book a flight to Bali if their destination would be Ubud, Jimbaran, Singaraja, Ahmed?

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
This is from the airports-kinesis site:
Supposed to be the major gateway in Bali and the surrounding areas for passengers and freight, NBIA Airport is located in Kubutambahan near shore area at only thirteen kilometers west from Singaraja and only five kilometers from Kubutambahan center.
A few things struck me. “Supposed to be” and that Kubutambahan is “west from Singaraja”. The “airport” hasn’t been built yet but it’s “only five kilometers near shore area”. Maybe it’s “near shore” off Lovina. After all, it’s a floating airport, so who knows?

By the time, and if this monstrous brain fart ever gets built, Bali might be totally screwed. The latest local commercial nirvana seems to be Nusa Lembongan. Next to Nusa Penida. Maybe somebody could build an airport there, and a flying toll-road to Sanur. Might be cheaper in the long run but about as practical as the nonsense in the north.

The current Bali governor’s reign is up for grabs next year. Made Pastika’s deputy has suddenly voiced his opposition to the Benoa Harbour reclamation fiasco. One wonders why now (rhetorical question)?

Then there’s the golf course near Tanah Lot. Bebek Donald’s having a rough time in the USA. Meanwhile, his Indonesian billionaire partner has gone AWOL. Didn’t turn up to court to answer questions. But maybe that’s all fake news...

Last edited:
Reactions: sakumabali