Happy moodfood stories, tell us yours!

JC

Sounds great to me, if I understand what you mean.

You'll bring fish from Western Australia and cook it in our home, and in return, I take you to Mama's? Mama's for "fishing"? Or what, precisely?

Yep, thats what I mean. And in return for your company over a couple of draft beers and a greasy pig knuckle (and fishing, as a bonus). At least, while my missus is out of eyeshot, preferably on another island, that way the whining won't interrupt my delicious pork meal :twisted: . Otherwise, the verbal barrage just aint worth it........ :cry: :roll: :( :D

Any chance of throwing a leg of Ozzie lamb in your luggage and bringing that too? "Lamb" in Indonesia is a very sad joke. (A friend of a friend is bringing us one soon. My prime friend has done that before, from Perth, and assures me the temperature in the guts of the plane is cold enough for the leg of lamb to survive the journey.)

Yep, no worries doing that either. Your friend is right, I have taken heaps of scotch fillet steak over previously (frozen) and it has still been as solid as a rock on the other side of the ditch. Fish, lamb etc should be no problems. The downside is my next trip looks like being 'hijacked' into a Thailand/Singapore/Bali marathon. I don't think it would survive that journey. Will keep you posted if and when the chance arises.

I'm not sure that tricking your Muslim wife into believing that some pork-laden Italian sausages are "halal" is a very wise move. Unless she's not a very strong Muslim.

Not for her to eat, for me :D . Too much fat for her, regardless of the originating beast. She herself has occasionaly stuffed up with bacon filled offerings from places such as Hungry Jack's. The posthumous look of shock is priceless :shock: :D .

Doesn't matter where you get your appetite, as long as you eat at home...

Toucan, I like your style!! 8) :twisted: :D

Tigerprawns in garlic oil
Spaghetti with garlic, onion & herbs
Egg plant prutje (relish) in spicy sweet sauce

How I eat prawns is actually quite disgusting...
I take the prawn in the mouth and suck all of the oil and juice of the prawn until there is not a drop left. And this goes with a lot of sucking sounds. Then I peel it, dip it in the oil and eat it. I wouldn't want to sit next to myself when I eat this, it's like sitting next to a dog having his bone.

Attachments

• IMG_2659 tekst.JPG
    IMG_2659 tekst.JPG
    403.6 KB · Views: 38
Jl. Petitenget,Warung Sulawesi, well, nuf said about the kind of food...
It's hidden, away from the street, nice sit in the garden. I passed it many times but saw it today for the first time because someone brought me here to have lunch.

Attachments

• Bali1.jpg
    Bali1.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 45
My weekly Gado Gado moment at Seminyak square (Bakery)
I like everything about it, sushi-veggies are fresh, tofu is knusprig crispy, the sauce is thick, spicy n sweet, just the way I like it!

Attachments

• IMG_2830.JPG
    IMG_2830.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 39
Back