Govt increases airport exit tax fee to Rp 2.5m

goldminer

Apr 16, 2008
Sanur/Sunrise Dam Gold Mine
My retired mother in law, who is visiting aussie shortly, went to the tax office in Bandung yesterday and applied for a tax file number to avoid the fiscal when she visits us. Bingo, she was issued a number same day :D She is one of the masses, no influence.. so the average person is able to get the number, no problems.

goldminer

Apr 16, 2008
Sanur/Sunrise Dam Gold Mine
Exactly Jimbo I for one am happy to see the "establishment" working for the average indonesian citizen. I am sure many of the forumn members are worried about the 2.7 million they might have to pay in fiscal, however, i feel it would have a greater impact on the average indo wanting travel abroad. Just IMHO :wink:

hinakos

Sep 3, 2008
Bali + Vietnam
goldminer said:
the average indo wanting travel abroad. Just IMHO :wink:

im wondering how many of the 300,000,000 average indos travel abroad....id say about 0.05%

the average indonesian is lucky to get out of their province, let alone their country. (no disrespect, but a hard fact)

does anyone really think the government would do anything that would negatively affect the masses financially and still expect to gain their vote?

the new fiscal is affecting a tiny tiny tiny TINY amount of the indonesian populous. as expats we come into contact with the very small sector of the population which may go abroad, so we tend to believe that the fiscal proportionally affects most indonesians. it doesnt. so far its been nothing more than a pay raise for immigration officials preying on the unwary, and an expansion of the "tax data base" for the cental governement. doesnt bother me, my company will cover it.

v_dors

Apr 23, 2005
Australia
As my Balinese lady friend does not work, she has informed me that if she wants a Tax File Number she would have to pay tax of RP60,000/month to obtain this number.I have payed for her to come to Australia several times,but now I refuse to as for this new rip off tax.So would someone please verify if this info she gave me is correct or can she get a Tax File number without a job?

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
Suspect she might be ripping you off my friend. You do not need to pay any amount to get a tax cerificate even if you are not working. She can register without any fee.