Getting ideas for starting a business

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
One of the most difficult problems of starting a business is coming up with an original idea.

I just came across this website and I thought it might help provide some inspiration:

http://springwise.com/

mat

Dec 18, 2008
Singaraja
spicyayam said:
One of the most difficult problems of starting a business is coming up with an original idea.
If you come up with an original idea in Bali, it won't be original for long! In my experiance anybody finds a way of making money in Bali, very soon it will be copied by all and sundry. Bit like the mobile phone credit stalls, far too many now for people to make a decent living.

calitobali

Jul 10, 2008
I mean this in the best way possible, but if I came up with a great idea for a business, the internet would be the last place I came to broadcast it. Nice idea for a thread though. Here's to hoping that someone is more helpful than me, I know I could sure use a good business idea myslef

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I think the way that web site works is that they have people around the world who find the new businesses and then they put it on the website, rather than the creators of the business.

calitobali

Jul 10, 2008
You really want to invest in a flying car? In Indonesia? Maybe I've been here too long (although it really hasn't been that long), but I wasn't aware they even had flying cars in the west yet. Good luck either way though, I think I'll hold off on my pre-order for the flying car. :lol:

longqi

Jun 4, 2010
You really want to invest in a flying car? In Indonesia? Maybe I've been here too long (although it really hasn't been that long), but I wasn't aware they even had flying cars in the west yet. Good luck either way though, I think I'll hold off on my pre-order for the flying car. :lol:

I think the most difficult thing in Indonesia with starting a new business is actually getting clear definitions of the rules etc etc

The actual business ideas are easy to come up with

rheinemag

Aug 29, 2010
T-shirt?

Does anyone interested with surfing t-shirt business? I've contact how to create t-shirt with our own design with good quality cotton and the price around 6-7 dollar/piece for 100 piece.

I think it wowuld be a good business around the surfers beach area..:icon_rolleyes:

funkyasa

Sep 22, 2010
Tabanan + Miami
www.balination.com
Does anyone interested with surfing t-shirt business? I've contact how to create t-shirt with our own design with good quality cotton and the price around 6-7 dollar/piece for 100 piece.

I think it wowuld be a good business around the surfers beach area..:icon_rolleyes:

You can create the t-shirt at Prison Heart. My band created t-shirts there and had some free shirts as a bonus :icon_biggrin:

Maxecloe

Sep 29, 2010

i think that's a good idea best luck for that.