Examples of guidance on writing an investment plan?

lakeberatan

Jan 17, 2019
Barring an insurmountable obstacle I'll be starting up a smallish accommodation business in Bali over the next 1-2 years.

I'm intending to go the PT PMA + Lease + HGB + Build route. I'm going to the Notaris to start with the naming process this week. Then comes the business/investment plan.

I've found very little online on what needs to be in the plan other than the monetary aspect. While I can get guidance locally I'd like as much info going into that guidance as possible. Are there any good examples, guides or even just discussion of what is included in the plan, how it's formatted, what language it's in etc. etc.?

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Can I ask why "starting up" a new business is you choice rather than taking over and existing one? With the later you will get a cheaper price, less headaches, a finished built, proven track record, wide choice of available objects and money left over to party down with.

Why do you need a business plan? to convince potential investors? Forget it, they can see the moving disaster that is Bali's F/B and accommodation trade.

Lease an existing business and run it for a year or 2 to see if it's "your thing" and then go for the Full Monty. I can't tell you the numbers of idiots (yourself excepted, naturally) that think "starting a little hotel (cafe, resto, bar)" on Bali is so easy anyone can do it. They are sooooooo wrong/bankrupt/gone.

Of course you won't listen, no one ever does.....

lakeberatan

Jan 17, 2019
The business/investment plan is a requirement to get a new PT PMA.

I am buying into an existing business that I have about 20 years experience with. But I need a PT PMA. Which you clearly don't know much about getting. Thanks.

-edit- A quick google reveals that acquiring an existing PT PMA also requires this investment plan and isn't cheaper because you have to do almost all the same steps so you can't skirt around the new PT PMA regulations.

Last edited:

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
The business/investment plan is a requirement to get a new PT PMA.

I am buying into an existing business that I have about 20 years experience with. But I need a PT PMA. Which you clearly don't know much about getting. Thanks.

-edit- A quick google reveals that acquiring an existing PT PMA also requires this investment plan and isn't cheaper because you have to do almost all the same steps so you can't skirt around the new PT PMA regulations.
Sorry, my bad, didn't read your post correctly. Good luck.