European travelers stranded in Bali

spicyayam

Well, I guess there could be worse places to get stranded.

Hundreds of foreign nationals scheduled to fly back to Europe have as of Saturday remained stranded in Bali because of the lockdown of much of European airspace due to the ash cloud from Iceland.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines has canceled its only flight from Denpasar to destinations in Europe, via Singapore.

“We have had to ground the Denpasar—Singapore flight until further notice,” Raphael Liang, PR manager for Air France—KLM’s regional operations, said on Saturday in an email.

Officials have notified passengers of the cancellation, thus preventing lines from forming at Ngurah Rai.

Jakarta Globe

"Well, I guess there could be worse places to get stranded."

Yes that is right! I left Bali one day before and now i'am stranded in Qatar on the way back to the Netherlands.
It isn't my place to stay long here, but i have no choice. I have to say that Qatar arranged a hotel for us, so much better then some of the tourist in Europe which have to sleep on the airport.

So i have to be patient, but what i know it kan take up to the end of this week before i can fly

Grtz,

Hugo

The ashes are still covering most of the areas near the country.
It's all over the news and I'm afraid it's connected with the series of earthquakes this year. :icon_sad:

Does anyone know what happens "visa wise' when there is a flight cancellation? Would they extend a sosbud visa even if it has run the full 6 months?

I believe they have to extend a visa of any kind until the band is lifted. What else can they do, charge everyone overstay due to unforeseeable circumstances. That would cause a big stir-up I would figure!

What else can they do, charge everyone overstay due to unforeseeable circumstances. That would cause a big stir-up I would figure!

Judy, you must be in an excellent mood today. You know Bali and imigrasi, so you'd know better: of course, "they" would charge everyone...:icon_rolleyes:

Judy, you must be in an excellent mood today. You know Bali and imigrasi, so you'd know better: of course, "they" would charge everyone...:icon_rolleyes:

Yep they do, i heard friends of mine have to pay 200.000rp each as a fine.
I just arrived home yesterday, we flew from Qatar to Rome(Italy), and from Rome with the bus to Frankfurt (Germany) in a 20hours bustrip. Then from Frankfurt finally by car to the netherlands....pff glad i'am finaly at home

Grtz,

Hugo

Im just hoping that my flight from the UK isnt cancelled on Tuesday.. everyone seems to be flying now so i live in hope..

Back