lizcarmen

Oct 13, 2010
hey there...im from singapore.me and my friend are thinking of starting a business in bali.we intend to open a hotel there but we just dont know where to start.how should we go about starting a business there?

mat

Dec 18, 2008
Singaraja
Come have a look around see what area you like.
Look for land if you want to build or look for existing hotels for sale.
Get a good lawer. Get a good notary.
Give money and off you go!

Obviously there is a little more to it but, coming to have a look and seeing the vision of what you want where you want is the most important.

lizcarmen

Oct 13, 2010
i did recce the area the last time i was there and will be coming back again early next year.and i could see potential in setting up a hotel there.

me and my partner are really new and have lots to learn about business.we have been researching and studying on this.

what is the minimum capital that we need?
do we need any indonesian citizen in our partnership?

scout

Jun 25, 2010
Ubud
Why not a chain of car parks; Ubud is currently choked with large buses, a great big, ugly monstrous car park would be ideal. :icon_rolleyes:

begonia

Oct 10, 2007
Do you know that a STARBRUCKS Cafe has been open a few weeks ago in Ubud in front of the PURA SARASWATI????????????:icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_cry:
I wonder if could be a Mc Donals some day in Ubud???????
It is sad:icon_sad::icon_sad::icon_sad:

scout

Jun 25, 2010
Ubud
Do you know that a STARBRUCKS Cafe has been open a few weeks ago in Ubud in front of the PURA SARASWATI????????????:icon_cry:

I wonder if could be a Mc Donals some day in Ubud???????
It is sad:icon_sad::icon_sad::icon_sad:

The worst part of this story re starbucks is that the building was built and owned by Balinese. When starbucks goes bust, perhaps the building can be turned into a cultural centre, at least the building itself isn't ugly!! :icon_sad:

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I heard rumors of this happening, but I would have thought there would be more reports of protests against Starbucks opening in Ubud. I remember when Starbucks opened a store in the Forbidden City in Beijing and they eventually had to close because of the public protests.

So is the shop busy? Starbucks closed most of its stores in Australia not so long ago.

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
Few years ago, there was a Dunkin Donuts on the right and part of Tino's Supermarket. It also went bust, and life in Ubud continued...

Here is a picture of Ubud Jl Raya, taken in 1987, looking toward Ubud center from near the cross road with Jl Tegallalang, Andong, near the bank. This Ubid has drastically changed but it's still there.

Attachments

• img6541 (Medium).jpg
    img6541 (Medium).jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 54

scout

Jun 25, 2010
Ubud
I heard rumors of this happening, but I would have thought there would be more reports of protests against Starbucks opening in Ubud. I remember when Starbucks opened a store in the Forbidden City in Beijing and they eventually had to close because of the public protests.

So is the shop busy? Starbucks closed most of its stores in Australia not so long ago.

It opened without any fanfare, and to be honest I knew nothing until the sign went up. I have never seen it crowded, so here's hoping it closed in the foreseeable future :icon_lol: