Dual citizenship

Teddybear

Mar 5, 2017
Gday, i would be interested to hear if Indonesia will recognise dual citizens in the future or within the next 18 years, that's when my son chooses which way he will jump, at the moment if they don't i think he should remain a Indonesian citizen and a permanent resident in OZ, T

davita

Mar 13, 2012
It's unlikely that Indonesia will permit dual citizenship anytime soon...but who knows, they keep talking about it but they believe in NATO...No Action Talk Only.
Meanwhile, I'm sure you're aware that your son can be a dual Indonesian/Australian citizen until age 21....if you and his mother are of mixed Indonesian/Australian citizenship.

Last edited:

Teddybear

Mar 5, 2017
Gday, my wife is a permanent resident only in Oz , Javanese/Ambon so we decided that its best for my wife to not be a OZ citizen , so she can still own property there and live, isn't it great about the prenup decision , unconstitutional, many mixed couples are now smiling just the dual citizenship review to come , we live in hope , T

Teddybear

Mar 5, 2017
Yeh a diaspora visa? Mmm sounds like it has something to do with changing citizenships? Cheers for your input T

davita

Mar 13, 2012
The BIG question is where is this 'specific diaspora visa', when will it be available, how much will it cost and what does it offer.... surely not permit Hak Milik ownership as it does NOT confer citizenship....a requirement under the RI Constitution.
It was supposed to be implemented last September...anybody know if anyone has a 'specific diaspora visa'... or is this just another NATO.