Divorce Timeline

Dude from my 16 years of experience living here in Indonesia I can tell you without any doubt

YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED

This so common here and around the world I suspect you just about (read in Canadian - aboouuat) need to come from the ass-end of the world (Canada) not to have been swamped by such "offers" from Nigeria, Brazil, Thailand or Indo.

I personally know an old American (that borrows money from me) who has 5, yes count them, 5 "romances" running with women he has never seen but they promise all the same shite you mention and offer the exact same "promises and guarantees". He lives in a state (caused by them) of semi-erection (not bad for an old boy) without the hope of meeting, let alone getting laid. They all have a thousand excuses for why he should support them and how they will be finally coming next week. But that's like that bar sign that says "FREE BEER, tomorrow". It never comes and neither does he. Or they.

You want to find out if this is the real deal? Call your honey and tell her you unexpectedly got a free flight to Jakarta and as you're at the airport now you are dying to come over to meet her family and need an address to give to the taxi driver.

Bet she hangs up or finds some other excuse why it can't happen for a few days.

As a Canadian, how long can I stay in Bali ? How is everyone else staying so many years?

As a visitor - I'm living the retired life and hoping not to work anymore ;)

Dude from my 16 years of experience living here in Indonesia I can tell you without any doubt

YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED

This so common here and around the world I suspect you just about (read in Canadian - aboouuat) need to come from the ass-end of the world (Canada) not to have been swamped by such "offers" from Nigeria, Brazil, Thailand or Indo.

I personally know an old American (that borrows money from me) who has 5, yes count them, 5 "romances" running with women he has never seen but they promise all the same shite you mention and offer the exact same "promises and guarantees". He lives in a state (caused by them) of semi-erection (not bad for an old boy) without the hope of meeting, let alone getting laid. They all have a thousand excuses for why he should support them and how they will be finally coming next week. But that's like that bar sign that says "FREE BEER, tomorrow". It never comes and neither does he. Or they.

You want to find out if this is the real deal? Call your honey and tell her you unexpectedly got a free flight to Jakarta and as you're at the airport now you are dying to come over to meet her family and need an address to give to the taxi driver.

Bet she hangs up or finds some other excuse why it can't happen for a few days.
I do like that plan lol Interested to see what she'll say.

Again, no money has been given so apart from time and hope, I'm not getting scammed - as bad...

We do know each others' addresses and seen all the videos, google earth, schools, stores, mosque, family, etc... I was with her as well on VC when she was at the store, filling out paperwork and mailing boxes back home before she left work to return to Indo.

But just to say "surprise, I'm on my way - just landed" and see the reaction would make things interesting and clearer.

For me it's 30days, then extend for another 30 days...

But it sounds like most here are living there for years while not married. So I'm guessing it's a business visa?! Or is there another way?

This post is one of the funniest in a long time. This guy hasn't even met the woman. Saw her father's funeral over the internet, thinks if he goes see her, he will be charged with Adultery. This sounds like something from Monty Python. In the end he will probably get screwed out of all his money from the woman and the lawyer. They will be happy and hope another sucker like this comes along soon.

Under islamic law, divorce is easy. In the UAE, its even done by text message!
Maybe someone can help because I vaguely remember Indonesia wanting to change that part of the Muslim law in the country because it was being (surprise, surprise!) abused by many esteemed Arab visitors who came to the country and "married" young (willing?) local Muslim girls for the 2/3 weeks of their holiday here and then "divorced" them at the end. Adhering to strict religious and economic guidelines while leaving "morals" somewhere waaaaaay behind, as usual, some might say. Of course I would never think that.

Islamic Divorce

Her ex never showed up, so it only took 1 month and 2 appearances to finalize the divorce.

After filing her application, the 1st Appearance was booked 2 weeks later.

1st Appearance - she was asked to bring her witnesses. She confirmed her wishes for divorce, provided the details, then her witnesses explained their views. 2nd Appearance booked 2 weeks later.

2nd Appearance - she confirmed her wishes again to get divorced and was asked to repeat the Islamic words to confirm this. And that was it.

Divorce certificate will be mailed out within 4 weeks.

I was surprised how quick the process was- based on research, I was expecting it to take closer to a year.

Now, based on religious rules, she needs to wait for 3 periods before she's allowed to remarry.

I'm absolutely on the edge of my day-bed so please keep us all informed how it goes with the countdown and first meeting. Pictures would be nice.

Back