dank39

Aug 8, 2011
I have been in Bali a little over a week now. I'm living in the Jimbaran area and would
like to find a place to buy a good cigar. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance
dan

sherm

Nov 17, 2011
I wonder if you did find any notable cigars in Bali (especially Cubans) if they would be genuine. I hope I'm wrong on that assumption, btw. I love a good cigar, on my last trip brought my own...

heerhugo

Jan 5, 2009
Sanur
I smoked cubans at the Kudeta Club in Seminyak, and also in the Bali Kopi House on the bypass in Sanur, so yes you can buy them here and genuine!

Not been there but you can check it out:

There is a high end cigar shop directly behind Dijon Cafe. Cafe DIJON Bali
Would be about ten minute drive from Benoa kiticorner from Galleria Shopping Center on the main roundabout traffic circle. Dijon also has a great Deli shop next door.

Last edited:

Annam

Oct 6, 2011
kerobokan
hello cigar lovers.

I have a Romeo y Julieta no 3 in the small tin canister - it is about a year old (bought fresh in Cuba from the factory) but it is not flaky or anything. Free to the first person - not even sure if it is a good cigar/type, but it is wasted laying around here.

You'll need to pick up - I am in Kerobokan.

Cheers!

YachtRock

Nov 2, 2022
Tabanan, Bali
Bumping this decade-old threat. I'm new to the whole cigar scene but if anyone knows where I can buy a nice stogie around here, that would be great.

And yes, I know Google exists. But thought I'd reach out to the trusty BaliPod crew first to see what they have to say.

gtrken

Nov 4, 2007
Perth W Australia
Bumping this decade-old threat. I'm new to the whole cigar scene but if anyone knows where I can buy a nice stogie around here, that would be great.

And yes, I know Google exists. But thought I'd reach out to the trusty BaliPod crew first to see what they have to say.
Congratulations !
You win the monthly
" Raise it from the dead" post.
Prize is spend a day with Markit
2nd prize is 2 days...

Do not even contemplate what last place entails.

But to answer your question, haven't got a clue but smoke the local gudam guarangs. Dirt cheap and will kill you just as well.

Cheers
CrustyReformed smoker
Ken

YachtRock

Nov 2, 2022
Tabanan, Bali
Congratulations !
You win the monthly
" Raise it from the dead" post.
Prize is spend a day with Markit
2nd prize is 2 days...

Do not even contemplate what last place entails.

But to answer your question, haven't got a clue but smoke the local gudam guarangs. Dirt cheap and will kill you just as well.

Cheers
CrustyReformed smoker
Ken

Thanks Ken. Super helpful.

• Haha
Reactions: sakumabali

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
I believe they have cigars in better restaurants, beach clubs in the south. Sometimes need to ask the waiters. They have even proper humidors sometimes...as the south is a big twilight zone I can't give precise informations beside "here & there" ;)

Reactions: YachtRock

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
To all those cigar smokers that think they look debonair men of the world with a Havana in their mouths - you look like a pretentious, idiot sucking on a dried dog turd begging for acceptance from lots of other fuckwits trying to "be" someone.

britoo

Sep 11, 2018
To all those cigar smokers that think they look debonair men of the world with a Havana in their mouths - you look like a pretentious, idiot sucking on a dried dog turd begging for acceptance from lots of other fuckwits trying to "be" someone.
There he is .... the good old Markit we know and love.

Based on his recent posts I had assumed he had been de-fanged.

Seems not so

:)

• Haha

Balifrog

Dec 30, 2017
But a sexy, wild looking, tattoed Asian girl who smokes a Cubana.....that get's me interested !

• Haha

Balifrog

Dec 30, 2017
Whatever floats your boat. Clearly you don't get laid often with those requirements but OK, that leaves the more normal women for the rest of us.
"Normal" women are boring, it's the ones you marry.

Wild women are fun, it are the ones you play with. Sometimes for many, many years....
They can be a real pain, but boring it never is .....

YachtRock

Nov 2, 2022
Tabanan, Bali
There are three certainties in life: Death, taxes, and Markit being a complete asshole every chance he gets.

Thank you for not letting us down. Never change.

YachtRock

Nov 2, 2022
Tabanan, Bali
I believe they have cigars in better restaurants, beach clubs in the south. Sometimes need to ask the waiters. They have even proper humidors sometimes...as the south is a big twilight zone I can't give precise informations beside "here & there" ;)
Thank you! Based on your recommendation, I found a nice cigar lounge in the south. I don't go down there often but maybe I'll swing by next time I'm in town.