Cowboys in paradise documentary

spicyayam

This was already posted in the thread about DVDs, so I thought I would repost in case anyone missed it.

I thought the promo trailer was pretty funny. Someone on the baliforum is outraged by the movie and has started petition on facebook to boycott it.

[video=youtube;yDPNeXSVmak]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDPNeXSVmak[/video]

[video=youtube;HrQR3WrYXPY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrQR3WrYXPY[/video]

This might be better.

I can't wait to see the doco. :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
this might be better.

I can't wait to see the doco. :lol: :lol:

Thanks bolli, I think I have now worked out how to embed a video here.

I am glad to see the responses to that post. Some of the stuff going on the FB page is just ridiculous and in fact following a post I made on there I was contacted by the producer for any insight I might have as to why there has been such a back lash. For what little I could offer I was promised a copy of the dvd when it comes out.... :mrgreen: so if illegal copies don't make it here maybe I can have a screening for you all :lol: (the film is not going to be screened in Indonesia)

:D :D :D

Looks hilarious! Can't wait to see the complete movie! Hopefully it doesn't shame the locals too much though, that should be reserved for the grubby old dragons that make use of their services (regardless of them being male or female).

By the looks of it one of the people kicking up a stink is married to one of the guys in the film. Boy, that coulda opened up a can of worms...... :D :twisted:

Adam, I see more "young chicks" than "grubby old dragons" hanging out with these dudes - anyway, who cares? The film is funny, and some of the lines used by the cowboys are almost as old as I am.

i really don't see what the problem with it is!!

if it hadn't been this group of guys that was filmed it would have been another group!! Kuta cowboys exist whether people acknowledge it or not!! i know a few from years ago and the stories they told would put that movie to shame!!

and on the flip side, i have been called a 'holiday whore' by tourists in the street when i've been out and about with tu - these people knew nothing about our story or situation yet didn't hesitate in being instantly judgemental!!

yeah,people tend to judge a book from the cover(me included sometimes)but calling someone a holiday-w...., thats harsh to say the least charlie. The way i see this whole cowboy thing..its a trailer,meant to get people talking about the movie,making them curious enough to go see it..wouldnt be surprised if it was just that,something preplanned to create a fuzz.
I think the movie will be fun to watch,and for people who come from abroad its no surprise, these kinda boys one can find in every touristplace that has a beach,and even in citys that dont,hahaha.

these kinda boys one can find in every touristplace that has a beach,and even in citys that dont,hahaha.

Never met such kind of boys when I travel in the Philippines,Thailand and Oz beaches...

another clip has been released in response to the claims the guys didn't know what the film was about.....
[youtube:25wsli3u]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ8cLkTqtQ4[/youtube:25wsli3u]

Kuta Cowboys exist in many parts of Bali. Ubud Cowboys, for example.

There are even some that hang around the airport arrival area hoping to jump the queue (many Indonesians don't like lining up for anything - a relatively new concept).

Years ago they were referred to as "Spunky/Funky Monkeys". Some of my "favourites" were guys in Ubud with the always "unfinished house" project.

Tropical romance, (too much arak),I invite you to my village, we are very poor, see for yourself how poor we are...with just a little more money, we can finish the building and some of my family will have a better life. (Sound familiar?) Some of those houses were never built!

I knew a son of a very prominent Balinese family (Sukawati "royalty"). For many years. He came undone once and asked me for my advice. Two of his western girlfriends were arriving on the same night at the airport. What should he do?

A lot of "cowboys", (I prefer to call them "pig-boys"), are actually married and have families. A lot of the time, their wives "understand" why their husbands have to be away for a few days or weeks.

New jeans, T-shirts, these days a new i-Pod, laptop, netbook, handphone, maybe even a new motorbike or car. Funds to finish "the building" or offers to buy the land. Like anywhere else on the planet, (well-meaning) suckers are born every day. One difference here is that there is a sizable group for whom this is a "career".
I see more "young chicks" than "grubby old dragons" hanging out with these dudes - anyway, who cares? The film is funny, and some of the lines used by the cowboys are almost as old as I am.
Depends upon where you look and what you see (at the time).
The upcoming film might be funny. I haven't seen it yet.

Those unfortunates who have been ripped-off will probably see it differently. Their fault for falling in lust/love in the first place, surrounded by eclectic actors who, mostly, only want your money.

Ever wondered how "Kuta Cowboys" can surf all day without a "real job"? Career Gigolos are a fact of life. By the looks of things, Balinese ones are doing better than usual. (Fewer fat old dragons to be seen on the back of motorbikes - or they've moved up a notch to air-conditioned cars with great hi-fi, on-board video screens, internet connections...AND smokey windows so they can't be seen.)

:shock:

Propose the Indonesia authority can consider began to taxation for Bali's Gigolo...most of gigolos are afraid if begin levy, maybe in near further that we can see some tax collectors/Banjars come to Kuta beach to enforce levy :lol:

As matter of fact, there is easy to meet ladyboys or local gays who offer "prostitute theirselves" on the beach, personally I'd like to shooting documentary film <Cowboys in Paradise II - JL.66> 8)

while im walking in ubud few days ago. this old guy came to me and says "balinese boys for rent" woww.. lol

and when I meet a friend of mine,she told me one of her neighbor remarries with a foreigner, and says his balinese wife is his sister living together in one house. soon, they rebuilt a better house, and start buying lands. euh

Back