Building Inspector

patleri

Apr 24, 2020
Hi, my building warranty runs out on my villa. Which covers all craftmanship done. Does someone know a competence Villa Inspector located in Bali? Has someone used one? Or does someone know, or an estimate, how much the cost would be?

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Hi, my building warranty runs out on my villa. Which covers all craftmanship done. Does someone know a competence Villa Inspector located in Bali? Has someone used one? Or does someone know, or an estimate, how much the cost would be?
It would never occur to me to have something here inspected. Why?
  1. If you can't tell yourself if something is wrong it would be nittpickery in my opinion and you'll have zero chance of making anything stick in an Indo law court and most builders are not going to agree of their own free will (unless you still owe them dosh).
  2. What is normal "wear and tear" here? Most issues could be put down to lack of maintenance unless it's falling down and you for sure don't need an inspector to tell you that do you?
  3. Don't the inspectors have to be independent? "Mrfixit" sounds like he might be interested in fixing whatever he can find that's iffy? (conflict of interest anyone?)

Tell us how you get on.

Sep 19, 2021
It would never occur to me to have something here inspected. Why?
  1. If you can't tell yourself if something is wrong it would be nittpickery in my opinion and you'll have zero chance of making anything stick in an Indo law court and most builders are not going to agree of their own free will building inspections Perth(unless you still owe them dosh).
  2. What is normal "wear and tear" here? Most issues could be put down to lack of maintenance unless it's falling down and you for sure don't need an inspector to tell you that do you?
  3. Don't the inspectors have to be independent? "Mrfixit" sounds like he might be interested in fixing whatever he can find that's iffy? (conflict of interest anyone?)

Tell us how you get on.
I have a question that I try to understand. I pulled a permit to renovate my basement to use as apartment. I gutted everything down to concrete. However, the permit has expired so today I went to pay for a new permit. The Building Inspector asked me what I have done so far. I said I have not got any inspection done yet. So far I had just finished putting up rigid foam - Owens Corning Foamular 250 board. He replied with a condescending tone "take it off, that is insulation and I have not done the framing inspection yet." I said I cannot put the rigid foam up after the framing. The rigid foam has to go up first. He kept saying take it off and refused to listen to my explanation why it has to go up first. He does not seem to want to listen to me, and became agitated although I did not raise my voice. I kept my composure and pleaded for him to give me a chance to explain. He went on saying "I am busy...I dont have time for this". I said just 5 minutes?

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I have a question that I try to understand. I pulled a permit to renovate my basement to use as apartment. I gutted everything down to concrete. However, the permit has expired so today I went to pay for a new permit. The Building Inspector asked me what I have done so far. I said I have not got any inspection done yet. So far I had just finished putting up rigid foam - Owens Corning Foamular 250 board. He replied with a condescending tone "take it off, that is insulation and I have not done the framing inspection yet." I said I cannot put the rigid foam up after the framing. The rigid foam has to go up first. He kept saying take it off and refused to listen to my explanation why it has to go up first. He does not seem to want to listen to me, and became agitated although I did not raise my voice. I kept my composure and pleaded for him to give me a chance to explain. He went on saying "I am busy...I dont have time for this". I said just 5 minutes?
You are clearly in another reality so I'd ask Dr. Who for his help.