scout

Jun 25, 2010
Ubud
Just back from visiting family in Australia, stopped over in Sanur for a few days before heading back to Ubud. Shock horror and sadness BONSAI CAFE is closed. Was hanging out for their avocado seafood salad and a wine, but gone, closed...Does anyone know why??? Obviously a new place is now needed for our southern meet ups :icon_sad:

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
Funny you should ask that, scout.

I was just thinking about going down there to have an Irish coffee, (hoping that they actually have some Irish whisky again instead of Red Label, like the last time I went there).

One thing I've noticed for maybe the last month or so, is that an ugly fence has been erected on the main road, hampering access to CircleK, the Piccadilly joint, etc.
I have no idea why. I'll try and find out more tomorrow, (if I can and have time).

:ghost:

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
The Bonsai has been shut for close on two months now. The reason is simple. You can not have a house or a business on land that is not your own.

balibule

Feb 6, 2009
Hi no.idea

So that entire stretch of land, from Danau Tamblingan to the beach is in ownership of one person? I guess that includes Seaman (?) bar. That would explain the fences.

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
You can not have a house or a business on land that is not your own.
That's not strictly correect. You can if you lease the land.

There are quite a few businesses in that stretch. Some bigger than others. I would be amazed if most of them didn't have lease agreements with the land owner(s).
Sounds to me like somebody has died and the "heirs" are fighting among themselves for a piece of the cake.

:concern: